My Tanks...some Of Them Be Round!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

He's buried in the sand with his face sticking out at the mo :lol: SO cool! he even had the shrimp climbing all over his face earlier. I guess he's not hungry right now.

cool puffer and your 64 litre tank is looking amazing, what lights have you got in there and how long are you leaving them on, i've got a 64 litre juwel tank but it's only got a 15watt so not that much light, doesn't matter how much arrange my tank it always looks rubbish.
just been to my LFS this morning to sort out my dwarf puffs so i will have them in the morning, can i just ask what is the best way to feed them i've got plenty of frozen bloodworm do i need one of thoses floaty things that you put the worms in (sorry can't think of the name) or iv'e got a turkey baster but i think that might be a bit big.
sorry for all the questions :)

cool puffer and your 64 litre tank is looking amazing, what lights have you got in there and how long are you leaving them on, i've got a 64 litre juwel tank but it's only got a 15watt so not that much light, doesn't matter how much arrange my tank it always looks rubbish.
just been to my LFS this morning to sort out my dwarf puffs so i will have them in the morning, can i just ask what is the best way to feed them i've got plenty of frozen bloodworm do i need one of thoses floaty things that you put the worms in (sorry can't think of the name) or iv'e got a turkey baster but i think that might be a bit big.
sorry for all the questions :)

I am in love with the puffer! His name is Smooch and he's eaten well today so I'm happy.
The FishPod 64 has two 15W compact lights on and I have them on for a fair while. Approx 12 hours a day. I think with those lights, the CO2 Nutrafin unit and the plant substrate all combined it is doing well so far. It's early days at the moment though.

Re the DPs frozen bloodworm and enriched brine shrimp and maybe krill when they get bigger is good but they will love you forever with live bloodworms too. The cone feeder is only suitable for live bloodworms that will try to wriggle though the holes thus enticing the DPs. Worth getting so you can have it at the front of the tank and do a puffer check each time you feed them :D They'll soon get the hang of it.
I feed mine via an old plastic pipette from a liquid water test kit now :lol:

Technically speaking I am overstocked for a 60L by having 5 dwarf puffs but I get away with it with good filtration and 50% weekly water changes. I don't advocate overstocking btw.

Nothing happened to the multis...they are happily living with Kewskills now as I shut the tank down when starting this...
a21.jpg

The marine tank's coming on nicely :D
a40.jpg

wow!!!! thats a lot of coralline....i never get this much coralline...do you use purple up??

shahrez

Nope. Never touch the stuff. No need :lol: I got some seriously nice matured live rock from somneone who was shutting down their 7 year old tank so I guess it worked wonders. That and the D-D H2Ocean marine salt.

That tank's been upgraded and shut down for nearly a year now - shame really as I quite miss it :D

Smooch had a bit of a blowout the other night. I put quite a few live shrimp in the tank for him to munch and didn't think for one minute he'd try and eat the lot in one go.

Mum, I'm a bit full!
o14.jpg

I really can't move
o12.jpg

Gimme a kish
o15.jpg

Look I'm trying to swim but I can't get very far
o16.jpg

:lol:

His belly was such an odd shape from the shrimps! He isn't known for chewing his food too well! :lol:

lol I love smooch, he is just the cutest thing <3 Definitely got a great personality there xD

125L Fluval Duo 800 Deep - various tetra, corys, platy, bristlenose plec, snails, shrimp
hh11.jpg

nice VW collection are you going to any shows this year :lol:

nice tanks/fish :good:

whats the plant in your brackish set up? :look:

Smooch is so ugly but so cool!

I wish I had more control over myself. I have 8 tanks but most of them have bettas in!

As always, loving this thread.

Most reactions

Back