My Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VeryFatbloke

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the first time I've tried to upload so hopefully it works ok. This is my 60l tank, it's been running for about 8 weeks now and all appears ok.

Any comments on improving the layout would be welcome.

Cheers

Attachments

• Tank_140804.JPG
    Tank_140804.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 28
It's your tank, so as long as the layout suits you. Thats all you should worry about. I think it looks good. Very colorful gravel :D

OK, Ive updated my tank since these pictures were taken and it now looks like this

hopefully the picture will upload.

Attachments

• Tank.JPG
    Tank.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
Here's a slightly different angle , hopefully this picture will fit better.

Attachments

• tank_1.JPG
    tank_1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 26
Looks great! You might want to look at maybe some natural gravel but if you like the colour hey im all for it!

great looking tank. However, you have what looks like green umbrella fern in there. This is not an aquatic plant, but one that can survive regular flooding so dont expect it to last long in a tank. I know this cus i bought some too.

Jon

Long time since I've been here but I've changed the tank around, changed the gravel for sand and added some bamboo. Real plants to go in at the weekend when I can get to the LFS.

(Edited to replace large picture)

Attachments

• NewTank2a.JPG
    NewTank2a.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 25
A better view of the whole tank,

sorry the pictures came out bigger than expected..(Now edited again with a smaller picture)

Attachments

• DSCF0004A.JPG
    DSCF0004A.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 22
is sand better than gravel becuase ive got really fine gravel (little pieces)and i can never clean it propperly would sand be better im not sure never had sand before and how long does it take for the sand to settle.

I personally like then sand better :nod: and it's good to see your heater is at an angle, as the 1st few pics it looked very close to the gravel. One a side note though: you have read up and know about the "sucking loaches" or better known as Chinese Algae Eaters, have you ? :/ they do tend to get rather large and very aggresive - and as far as I understand, especially in two's......

Yes, I'm aware of the reputation of the CAE's although these are the second and third ones that I've owned, and so far no problems.................famous last words. If they decide to get over aggressive with any of the other fish I'll be sending them back to the LFS. The two of them do tend to chase each other about though.

I had no trouble with the sand, obviously having washed it thoroughly, it settled without a problem. Mind you I can see from only one day how much poo the fish produce. I think I'll be hoovering a bit more often that with the gravel.

Oh and that background will be changed as well!!!

mmmm I love pentezona barbs so hard to find around here and my first batch died :(. nice tank too looks like it's coming along nicely.

Have been to LFS and added 3 red eye tetras to the set up, I've also added three new plants and taken out the tree ornament. I've also got rid of the background and changed it to a plain blue one.

I think it looks a lot better. And I'm going to try to get some pictures without the TV reflection in them!!!

Attachments

• DSC00025A.JPG
    DSC00025A.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 26

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back