My Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jkrekord

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi. Well a bit has changed, the Channa Bleheri is now the only fish in the tank, i was only caring for the shark as a temporary thing, shall be getting some new tank mates for my Snakehead soon and will keep you updated. Also, since these pictures i have got some cabomba just floating at the top, this is a temporary measure until i can track down some duckweed, theres also an Amazon Sword growing which seem's to be doing ok. I estimate the snkehead has grown an inch or 2 since theses pictures. Anyway here's my tank, its a standard Rekord 96. Oh and just to point out these pics were done on a phone camera, so not amazing quality.

Attachments

• DSC02227.jpg
    DSC02227.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC02226.jpg
    DSC02226.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 46
nice tank set up but as mentioned previously channa love loads of plants and cover. i have tones of duckweed and floating plants which makes tank look a mess but they love it

how manty bleheri do you have

I do intend on getting more plant's, its just annoying that i cant track down duckweed in any of my LFS. Im pretty sure its a Bleheri, bought it as a Bleheri at B.A.S, but as im new to Snakehead's i wouldn't say im 100%. Just the one Bleheri in there, although i have'nt ruled out getting onother species of Snakhead in there aswell.

yeah its a bleheri, i think they are quite easy to tell apart from the assams which they are sometimes confused with, normally by people from rnib. as said and you seem to know, lots of plants dim lighting, can be achieved with floating plants as mentioned. definately not a fish to keep if you want a pristine looking aquarium! what ph is your water? i find they prefer the water as close to ph 7.0 neutural as you can. if you are planning your tank around the bleheri then you have some big changes to make! if not then at least make it comfortable! plants, wood, smooth boulder type rocks, slow current.
was your bleheri from the big tank at the end of the isle or a little one at the bottom on the left?
i got the 3 biggest ones from the big tank, 1 of which committed suicide, other 2 quite happy.
yours looks a lil dark and not too happy. they are a very nice fish and have a lot of character. do your best to make it happy!

David

That pic was took maybe a day after i'd bought it. Also it was the big tank at the end, there was only a few left. PH is around 7.4. As i've said there are more plants in there now, and i intend on gettin a few more amazon swords, and im after duckweed.

Lovely looking tank, but I would do as others in this thread have said.
Get it heavily planted.

Her are a few pics of how I have my Bleheri tank planted out. (not the greatest looking but, my channas seem to like it!

dsc09381.jpg

dsc09125.jpg

dsc09129.jpg

As for yours being a little too dark, I would say the opposite. Yours seem a little "pale" but thats just my opinion.
Once they get settled in a well planted tank they will color up nicely.
I would also strongly recommend keeping them in a speicies only tank.

And Nelly, send some of your god damn duck weed up here to Japan!!!!

That pic was took maybe a day after i'd bought it. Also it was the big tank at the end, there was only a few left. PH is around 7.4. As i've said there are more plants in there now, and i intend on gettin a few more amazon swords, and im after duckweed.

send me a pm mate, may be able to source some duckweed for you :shifty:

gasmask<stunning fish mate and good pic's>>
japan :crazy: cant you find any in your shops or from a pond?

I don't evn know where I got my duckweed from when I think about it, it just appeared!!!! now it covers entira tank tops of both my channa tanks!!!

you only need a tiny bit to get started

I don't evn know where I got my duckweed from when I think about it, it just appeared!!!! now it covers entira tank tops of both my channa tanks!!!

you only need a tiny bit to get started

hehe true that :good: i only had a small handful now all three tank's are caked in it, have to cut back every so often as it grow's soooooooo quick, multiply's quicker than micro worms :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back