My Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

iihay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to post a pic of my recently acquired Rio180 (31 quid from ebay!) been keeping fish since the summer so very new to this. Moved filter media across from cycled AQ3 and tank holding steady for couple of weeks. Tetra plant substrate and a selection from greenline. Virually no algae so far (touch wood)

1 betta
Neons (9 I think)
4 plattys (plus couple of fry lurking)
1 bronze cory
1 black skirt tetra (I think - I know there should be more)
2 small thin gold algae eater things, can't remember the name at the mo!
6 harelquin rasboras
1 dwarf gourami

I'm quite pleased so far. Do you think there is scope for something like a zebra plec if I add a cave or something?

Iain

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 37
Looks great, nice work.
There is one thing I would say though, and that is, you really shouldn't keep Bettas and Gouramis in the same tank together as they are likely to fight sooner or later.

Oh, and possibly get a few mates for your Bronze Cory. He/she would appreciate that.

Keep the pics coming :good:

Looks great, nice work.
There is one thing I would say though, and that is, you really shouldn't keep Bettas and Gouramis in the same tank together as they are likely to fight sooner or later.

Oh, and possibly get a few mates for your Bronze Cory. He/she would appreciate that.

Keep the pics coming :good:

The gourami was lfs advice early on when I really knew nothing. Was planning on some more bronze corys this weekend. Just wanted to make sure the stats are nice and stable first. They are fascinating little fish.

More pics when they go in :)

Iain

Nice tank. What type of betta do you have? Veiltail, halfmoon, etc.? Also, I'm a dumb American how much is 31 quid and what is a quid equivalent to? Not relevant to fish, but just curious as you seem to be thrilled with the price.

Nice healthy plants! The colors of them add a lot to the community feel!

P.S. Bronze cories are great little fish, aren't they? :lol:

Nice healthy plants! The colors of them add a lot to the community feel!

P.S. Bronze cories are great little fish, aren't they? :lol:

Sure are, looking forward to getting some more. Plants are from Greenline, I was very impressed with the quality and they are definitely growing well.

31 quid is about $62 for the earlier question which is a real bargain.

Nice tank, the plants look good and healthy. Greenline are good aren't they.

Have you got some reasonable bulbs in there to help plant growth?

Keep us updated - 31 quid is a complete steal!

Just been looking at your stocking - the golden algae eaters might prove problematic as they grow. They may well be Chinese Algae Eaters which are often quite viscous as they get bigger.

As far as plecs go, what about a bristlenose or two, they are quite cheap, good characters and will clean up any minor algae issues you may have.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back