My Tank Redecorated!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

-cAtFiSh-

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I re-did my tank today. And it now has CO2 and I am extremely happy with how its looking. It'll look even better when the background plants grow a bit.
Any constructive critisism is welcome :)

fishtankedit.jpg

I would suggest to plant some moss or riccia on the stones at the front as the stones are too bright in colour.

But overall it's a nice tank :)

Thanks for the comments! :D

I would suggest to plant some moss or riccia on the stones at the front as the stones are too bright in colour.

But overall it's a nice tank :)

You know I've never seen moss or riccia around here. I could get some ordered in for me...
I was unsure about the rocks myself...maybe I could get some darker coloured ones..

Very nice tank my friend, sorry i havent spoken to you for ages, i got bored with my myspace and deleted it. Hope your as well as your fishies look.

Very nice tank my friend, sorry i havent spoken to you for ages, i got bored with my myspace and deleted it. Hope your as well as your fishies look.

You..got..BORED! I'm obsessed with it haha.

Have u got a plain blue background or is that a trick of the light? Looks cool IMO :good:

Its actually black..but I've used shiney PVC fabric which I found lying around in my room so just stuck that to the wall. I didnt have anything else haha. It looks black in real life :p

Very nice tank indeed, and welcome. I agree that the stones are a little too white, so I'd consider getting mail order riccia or using our "sell and swap" section. Someone's often got some in there. My only other idea, is that your neons and rasboras look great in the midwater areas, but I feel your surface or substrate could do with some activity. Of course, there could easily be fish in there that weren't photographed, but I'd suggest some hatches or something like that at the top, and corydoras, or other peaceful catfish at the bottom to complete the picture.

I re-did my tank today. And it now has CO2 and I am extremely happy with how its looking. It'll look even better when the background plants grow a bit.

Im doing the same at the moment...

What plants did you go for in the end, and whats yer watts..? (per gallon)

Very nice tank indeed, and welcome. I agree that the stones are a little too white, so I'd consider getting mail order riccia or using our "sell and swap" section. Someone's often got some in there. My only other idea, is that your neons and rasboras look great in the midwater areas, but I feel your surface or substrate could do with some activity. Of course, there could easily be fish in there that weren't photographed, but I'd suggest some hatches or something like that at the top, and corydoras, or other peaceful catfish at the bottom to complete the picture.

I have 4 khuli loaches and a bristlenose in there too. So I'm fully stocked.

Im doing the same at the moment...

What plants did you go for in the end, and whats yer watts..? (per gallon)

I'm not sure on the plant names..apart from the amazon swords. I probably really should learn the names of the plants I have though haha.
And bulb is 18watts...what that is per gallon I dont know (I suck at stuff like this :p) I'm probably in need of a new one anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back