my tank has gone wild!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kenneth_kpe

Lider op da pises.
Reaction score
well decided to take a tank pic and when i looked at the picture, my tank is really overgrowing !! wasnt able to prune the plants for over 2 weeks no thus the overgrowth :p pardon the side algae along the sides of the glass :) hehe

as you can see the dwarf sags are not so dwarf anymore ?!?! how do i keep them down !! they just suddenly grow up

Attachments

• IMG_0102small.jpg
    IMG_0102small.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 50
kenneth_kpe said:
well decided to take a tank pic and when i looked at the picture, my tank is really overgrowing !! wasnt able to prune the plants for over 2 weeks no thus the overgrowth :p pardon the side algae along the sides of the glass :) hehe

as you can see the dwarf sags are not so dwarf anymore ?!?! how do i keep them down !! they just suddenly grow up
[snapback]874653[/snapback]​

I dont think you can really cut dwarf sag, I would imagine you would need to just prune the longer leaves to encourage growth to get a continuous growth of new leaves.

What size is the tank? Looks good. I'm sure this is the first pic I've seen.

yeah somewhere inside are 4 lost cardinals haha (the population before was 8 cards and 2 ottos but after the accident i lost 4 cards and all the ottos so im still making the tank as stable and reliable as possible before getting more cardinals)

o ya there are a lot of shrimps and snails inside the tank

regarding the sag cutting, dunno why the sags really just grew long !! suddenly i already removes almost 30 sag plants in the foreground and gave them away because i was having a hard time looking at the tank :p btw it is safe to cut the long leaves to make em short ? kinda like mowing the lawn ?>

wow thats a nice tank :p wish i had that kidna stuff. im tryin to get my tank planted but im having a hard time getting money togather:p

yeah its turning into a jungle pretty fast ! have to keep up with the plants by cutting away ! the problem is im having problems with the sag! one day i might consider replacing the sag with something more managable yet suitable for my tank... for the time being i still have to lower the tank temp down to a desirable 25 or a more possible 27 deg :p

lol could ya tell me that temp in faranhight? i saw some mini heaters at walmart the other day for tanks there were 2.5-5gals you could get one of them :p but ya i really wish i had some better plants

all i got are 2melon swords 2 Aponogeton ulvaceus a plant that i got out of my grandmums pond cuz it looked really cool. an a long stringy thing. but is that plant you have in the back right hand corner i really like it :D :p

27 - 80 deg far.
32 - 89 deg far. :) somewhere along that line :p

Temperature converter

here is a link to a basic web based converter

i didn't get which corner and im about to sleep so heres a pic with a plant guide :)

hope it helps

Attachments

• labelled.jpg
    labelled.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 52
stargrass! :D wow your bout to sleep??? its only 11am here :p i like that stargrass i might get a stalk or 2 for my 10gal. oh ya how many gals is that tank?

Yikes!!! im sure i saw a gorilla in there m8 :D nice looking tank m8 i like the jungle look.

thanks ! im just having probs keeping the stargrass down, i think what happened was that the growth became so compact that the older leaves started to get less light and decided to grow upwards and then the others started to get less light and decided to grow too, and so on until they started to look like vals!

here is what the tank looked like before the sag shot up :)
post-22-1114430699.jpg

it looked much cleaner but back then but i had around 30 percent less light on top and i wasnt dosing kn03 yet. the tank is roughly 13 gallons :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back