My tank Has ammonia. HELP

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Edwin092

Reaction score
so I cleaned my tank 50% for 2 nights but it still has ammonia what do I do. Please help.

Best regards

For the benefit of other members, this is the link to your earlier thread in which some issues were detailed:
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-can-i-put-in-a-60-gallon-tank.451920/

The combination of additives might be part of this ammonia. But, what is the number from the ammonia test? Test the tap water alone for ammonia (this test can be done immediately unlike the pH on tap water). Do they add chloramine to your water?

And what is your pH now in the tank?

How did you "clean" the tank? Do you mean just water changes?

The tap water has 0.25 ppm I cleaned the tank by just getting out water but I didn’t clean the substrate

And I was thinking of buying ammonia chips, would that work?

And I was thinking of buying ammonia chips, would that work?

Never used them, as I have live plants and they take up ammonia quite rapidly, along with the bacteria.

But since you have ammonia in the tap water...is this chloramine? And the other questions are part of this.

[I'm signing off now for the evening, just so you know why I don't follow up now.]

My tap water has 0.1 ppm of chloramines

That is likely the source of the ammonia. Use a conditioner that detoxifies ammonia at water changes. Or better still, have some floating plants.

You didn't report back on the current pH in the tank? And what about the tap water?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back