My Tank 3 Months On, What Do You Think?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

turnnidge

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well This is my tank after a little change around.

As you can see it is still very brown which is annoying the hell out of me, I am currently trying out carbon in my filter AGAIN, but if anyone has any ideas that would be great

Also be amazing if you would comment on the tank bad and good!

Thanks all

30042008221.jpg

30042008225.jpg

30042008223.jpg

Looking good, though I do think it would benefit greatly with a background :) somthing to give a solid contrast, else it looks a bit murky.

Keep up the good work.

I am thinking of putting a blue background in maybe? any ideas?

Also my external filter tubes are attached to the back of the tank, by those silly sucker things like the sat nav windscreen thing. So how would I attach it back on, although it does hold itself I just get a bit scared if it comes away!

Yeh plain blue or black are popular and cheap :) i wouldnt worry about external pipes, bare in mind the background is attached to the outside of the tank.

hmmm ok, might invest in the background lol, BTW the tubes are attached on the outside of the tank

Thanks a lot :) however I do feel I am crap at the whole thing, my tank just doesn't want to clear up! There is always bits floating around in it and obviously the tannins too. its so disappointing. But the fish are loving it though well as far as I can see, they just nipping the guppies a bit but thats all so far.

Just diss-attach them, place the background and re attach :) Np

Good luck.

very good. agee with the background but I would go for a background with plants and bogwood on them to match the theme of your tank

:good:

yes i would agree with the backing too, i have blue and its stunning and really shows off both the plants and the fish :good:
the tank is lovely already tho :)

Looks awesome! If this is your first tank you've done a great job! In fact it's a great job for anyone! :good:

I agree, a blue or black background would really make the colours of your fish and plants pop.

Well I have brought some new carbon for my filter, bit more expensive than i thought, but it is doing great!

I have seen purigen on the net before and looks very good might have to get some later on, espec as it can be cleaned off and used again! which is fantastic!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back