my serpae tetra making a bubble nest

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

afireinside

A Shrine To Madness
Reaction score
i have a serpae tetra in my tank and he just keeps on making bubble nests. why is he doing it? he's the only one in the tank, i think it is odd.

so what u r basically saying is, that my serpae tetra is just perfectly happy, do you think i'll ruin it after i move him to my 29 gallon tank from his 6 gallon tank either monday or tuesday? i think he should, the water is healthier in there, i bought like three different water testing kits yesterday!

ummm

it's imposible for a tetra to make a bubble nest since they dont have the labrynth organ that the gourami and betta have.

are you sure its a serpae?

its probably from the filter making those bubbles. It happens in my tank around tall plants and corners at times and I dont have any labyrinth fish in the tank.

no, it's my serpae tetra, i've seen him making bubble nests before.

post a pick of him. If he makes it he isnt a tetra at all. We can identify him for you.

well, he's doin something, and he is a serpae tetra. if i ever can get a picture of him, i'll even show you, hck, i'll even describe it:
orange see thru body, black patches near gills, top fin smaller than bottom fin, top fin black, bottom fin a redish orang, back tail: a see thru orange. if u ask me, that fits the description of a serpae tetra.

Maybe he's acting wierd cause he's a lonely shoaling fish with no shoal. Just a thought.

Does your fish look exactly like this? If not... then it's not a serpae tetra.
serpae_tetra2.gif

But yeaaah, serpaes don't make bubble nests. Do the bubbles pop right away? Maybe he's just gasping for air at the surface.

I have to agree with everyone else... Tetras can't make bubblenests. Most likely the filter making those bubbles.

If the fish (Serpae Tetra) is gasping at the surface and blowing bubbles then there is probably something wrong with your water conditions.

Most reactions

Back