My Reef Beam Has Arrived

Crazy fishes

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have taken the plunge with LED lighting; recently purchased a reef beam RB120. It arrived this morning and I have just finished installing it after cleaning the tank. It is great and visually looks the same brightness as my previous 150W halide. I have taken PAR readings and found that the quoted values on Reef Beam website are not true. My readings are as follows: 19inches (bottom of tank) 107, 6-8 inches from surface 150, 2 inches bolow surface 660(incidently that is approximately twice the PAR for the halide). The light is 20cm above the surface. It looks very much like a 20K halide lamp and I will have to see how the live stock adapt to the change. My main reason for switching is electricity costs and I hope that if it is a good light source that I can just use them disposing of the halides and T5s.

Some negatives that are immediately obvious is the light unit makes quite a noise; largely the fans and there is no switch on the unit. It would be nice to not just have a switch for the lights but two so blue and white LEDs can be used independently. First impressions overall are good but as I say I will have to keep an eye on the livestock to see how well they adapt.

Kindest regards

Joe.

Can we see a photo? i'm sure I read somewhere that someone had rewired so that lights can go on and off independently

Seffie x

Of course!!

Attachments

• _MG_8304.JPG
    _MG_8304.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 73
I have just added pictures to my Photobucket account http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j382/Crazyfishes/
They are the unannotated ones first four. That maxima clam is the very clam that completely bleached and came back with TLC and some phytoplankton!! Happy days.

Hope you like and kindest regards

Joe

Just wondering does anyone else have one of these units? They are super good just a little pricey at the moment. However they should hopefully save money in the long run. Just to mention I have some more hammer and frogspawn for sale if anyone is interested.

Kindest regards

Joe

Just wondering does anyone else have one of these units? They are super good just a little pricey at the moment. However they should hopefully save money in the long run. Just to mention I have some more hammer and frogspawn for sale if anyone is interested.

Kindest regards

Joe

How much are you selling the hammer and frogspawn mate? also where are you based or would postage be an option?

Kindest regards

Joe

How much are you selling the hammer and frogspawn mate? also where are you based or would postage be an option?

I have sold frags of both corals previously and provided you have a stable well cared for setup it will thrive. And I mean THRIVE; this is the fourth generation that is coming out of my tank. I have a frag of hammer with three polyps going for £20 and two frags of frogspawn; one is a single polyp and the other has three polyps. Again for the three polyp frag £20. The single polyp is just taking off so probably not the best of my stock currently. I normally do next day delivery via Royal mail and send the corals in the last pick up hence corals are in transits for a maximum of 24 hours. This is largely weight dependent but I would estimated £15 for P&P. As I have said I have sold numerous frags to members of this forum and all have been very happy indeed with their purchses. I use local prices of corals to derive a fair trading price and both of these corals fetch £60-65 in my LFS. I do not sell to make a profit just to propagate corals hence spread aquacultured livestock and cover my costs. Pick up might be an option I am based in Brighton East Sussex. Where are you?

Hope this helps and any further questions I am happy to answer

Kindest regards

Joe

Kindest regards

Joe

I have sold frags of both corals previously and provided you have a stable well cared for setup it will thrive. And I mean THRIVE; this is the fourth generation that is coming out of my tank. I have a frag of hammer with three polyps going for £20 and two frags of frogspawn; one is a single polyp and the other has three polyps. Again for the three polyp frag £20. The single polyp is just taking off so probably not the best of my stock currently. I normally do next day delivery via Royal mail and send the corals in the last pick up hence corals are in transits for a maximum of 24 hours. This is largely weight dependent but I would estimated £15 for P&P. As I have said I have sold numerous frags to members of this forum and all have been very happy indeed with their purchses. I use local prices of corals to derive a fair trading price and both of these corals fetch £60-65 in my LFS. I do not sell to make a profit just to propagate corals hence spread aquacultured livestock and cover my costs. Pick up might be an option I am based in Brighton East Sussex. Where are you?

Hope this helps and any further questions I am happy to answer

Kindest regards

Joe

Sounds good to me mate, anychance of some pics? I will definitely take some off you in around a week to ten days (pay day) :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back