Video My Red Fancy Betta El Rojo's New House!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaPit

Fishaholic
Reaction score
A video:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1S3JRooZUE

*Under Renovation*
CAM00891-1.jpg

CAM00890-1.jpg

CAM00892-1-1.jpg

CAM00894-1.jpg

Hi Aquapit!
That's a dinky little tank how much does it hold?

Mamashack said:
Hi Aquapit!
That's a dinky little tank how much does it hold?
It was sold as a 8 US Gal tank but after I minus the filter area at the back, it holds only around 5 US gal..

30L
~19L

For your easy reference.. :p

That's just over 4 UK gallons I think - looks smaller than that somehow. Is it an Aqua tank? I've got one that looks similar tho it's black and approx 30L/7 UK Gall

GuppyGirl20 said:
That's a nice little set up!
Tks!

It is still in a 'work in progress' stage though.. :p

I just dumped the piece of wood/plant in there.. haha

I like the way it's in there because it looks like he can get under the plants if he wants to or be above them.

Mamashack said:
That's just over 4 UK gallons I think - looks smaller than that somehow. Is it an Aqua tank? I've got one that looks similar tho it's black and approx 30L/7 UK Gall
No, it's not an Aqua tank..

I'm not sure what brand it is actually.. haha

I bought it from someone who did a lot of customisation works on the tank..

The temp. in there stays in the range of 30-31Deg Cel.. Do you think the temp is okay for my betta?
GuppyGirl20 said:
I like the way it's in there because it looks like he can get under the plants if he wants to or be above them.
Same sentiments! *Hi 5!* :D

That temp sounds a bit high to me - it's on the upper limit for a betta so no room for ambient heating influence on the tank temp. I keep mine at 27-28°, but whatever you do don't turn it down suddenly if that's what you decide to do. If you do, do it gradually 1° at a time. They should ideally be somewhere between 26° and 30°C

DiddleBug said:
Nice tank and betta!
Tks! :)

Mamashack said:
That temp sounds a bit high to me - it's on the upper limit for a betta so no room for ambient heating influence on the tank temp. I keep mine at 27-28°, but whatever you do don't turn it down suddenly if that's what you decide to do. If you do, do it gradually 1° at a time. They should ideally be somewhere between 26° and 30°C
Is there a way to naturally down the temp? Like adding a pebble or more plants?? Mine's doesn't even have a heater and it's already that high!

If that's the highest it ever gets then I suppose it's ok but if it's likely to get higher then you might have to think of ways to cool it down like making sure it's not near another heat source such as a window. Could you direct a fan on it?
If it's not going to get any warmer I wouldn't worry too much but if it does get warmer then you may also have to add an air bar or something as I believe O2 may be reduced the warmer it gets - not sure about that tbh but hopefully someone with more experience can comment on that.

Mamashack said:
If that's the highest it ever gets then I suppose it's ok but if it's likely to get higher then you might have to think of ways to cool it down like making sure it's not near another heat source such as a window. Could you direct a fan on it?
If it's not going to get any warmer I wouldn't worry too much but if it does get warmer then you may also have to add an air bar or something as I believe O2 may be reduced the warmer it gets - not sure about that tbh but hopefully someone with more experience can comment on that.
Tks for the suggestions! So far, 31 is the highest..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back