My Recent Holiday

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Just had to share some pictures from my recent holiday further North from my home in Queensland.

The place I went is called Eungella and is lush tropical rainforests, but what the place is mainly known for is its Platypus.

So sit back and enjoy the pictures.

First of all the scenery. These first photos are from the cabin I stayed in looking back down across the Pioneer Valley.

P1050927.jpg

P1050896.jpg

Hard to believe I had to suffer that view every time I walked out on to the back patio :hyper: .

P1050961.jpg

Part of Broken River where the platypus(s) are often seen.

P1050954.jpg

P1050975.jpg

P1050976.jpg

P1050970.jpg

And off for some more hunting
P1050955.jpg

And just to give you an idea of how lush this forest is.

P1060001.jpg

P1060042.jpg

P1050922.jpg

P1050963.jpg

And lastly could this be Fissiden?

P1050921.jpg

Wow you are a lucky girl! Those views are breathtaking - love the platypus!!!

I have never seen a platypus in the wild and yet there are places like that near me that would have that strange and wonderful animal. You are so lucky to see one. Great pics Baccus :good:

I have never seen a platypus in the wild and yet there are places like that near me that would have that strange and wonderful animal. You are so lucky to see one. Great pics Baccus :good:

I have been incredibly lucky the first platypus I can say I saw without a shadow of a doubt was the platypus I saw in the Fitzroy River right in the CBD, every day when I ended up giong down to the adjoining park I ended up stopping my work to observe the platypus for a few minutes. Considering that stretch of the Fitzroy is fully salt water made the sightings even more amazing, and then being able to take the other half to the same park and being able to tell him exactly where the platypus was likely to be was great and doubly rewarding because that morning we discovered two platypus.
The platypus at Broken River is habituated to humans and traffic, hence being able to get some ok photographs of it, but it was still wild and you still had to stay quiet and still. Also they dont spend much time above water. And yep they are bound to be all around the waterways where you live, they are found up an down the East coast of Australia right down to Vic and Tas even parts of SA.

Good luck platypus spotting they make a distinctive ripple/ splash when they dive and the best times to spy them is dawn and dusk or any time on a cloudy day, but they are so shy and timid it takes a lot of patience.

Wow you are a lucky girl! Those views are breathtaking - love the platypus!!!

Thank you and I know how great it was at Eungella ( I had been there as a kid but it was the first time my other half had been there), I still have heaps more photos to upload so watch this space.:nod:

Stunning scenery, love the pics of the platypus, such unusual creatures

Some more pictures of the scenery around Eungella,

The first picture is of one of the waterfalls as you head up the range to get to Eungella.
P1050881.jpg

Also on the road up.
P1050883.jpg

P1050884.jpg

P1060063.jpg

Above the view from the back patio early in the morning.

P1050986.jpg

Above a view from the side of the back patio.

P1060052.jpg

P1060050.jpg

P1060044.jpg

P1060048.jpg

A goanna we came across on a walk.

P1060036.jpg

P1060034.jpg

P1060030.jpg

P1060024.jpg

Stay tuned still plenty more to come.

Hope you liked the pictures so far.

Most reactions