My pride and joy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Leah0402

Reaction score
Just wanted to post and show off my pride and joy, he shares a tank with a few guppies, mollies and an albino shark but my pleco is my absolute favourite he is 5 months old
20200214_103337.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking pleco, I have not had one in years. The last one I had was the only fish that my African Cichlids left alone. He grew to 6-8 inches long and lived a least 6 years maybe longer.

They are very smart fish..it wouldn't be hard to train them to eat out of your hand. They need pectin in their diet so expect him to whittle down that ironwood in about a years time.
For fun and health..give him or her,some cooked broccoli,corn,zucchini,vegetables. Those cheap Wardleys shrimp pellets? $3 a can? THEY LOVE THAT...come running for them.

Great looking pleco!

I had a pleco and a rainbow shark when i was a kid. I had one of those shipwrecked plastic boats in the bottom and they would fight over it, so i got a ceramic log for one of them to hide in, the shark took the log and the pleco the boat, they would constantly chase eachother away from their territories. It was fun too watch. Little did i know that neither of them should be in a 20 gallon tank let alone in one together. They died after about 2 years, i was a sad 10 year old. Good luck i hope they both live happy long lives and continue to give you joy. On a sidenote the oldest fish i ever kept was a bristle nose pleco. I had him for 10 years got him as a baby, he was my buddy.

I had a pleco and a rainbow shark when i was a kid. I had one of those shipwrecked plastic boats in the bottom and they would fight over it, so i got a ceramic log for one of them to hide in, the shark took the log and the pleco the boat, they would constantly chase eachother away from their territories. It was fun too watch. Little did i know that neither of them should be in a 20 gallon tank let alone in one together. They died after about 2 years, i was a sad 10 year old. Good luck i hope they both live happy long lives and continue to give you joy. On a sidenote the oldest fish i ever kept was a bristle nose pleco. I had him for 10 years got him as a baby, he was my buddy.
I think I've been lucky as they show no interest in each other at all maybe because there is plenty of room to go around lol my shark tends to chase my mollies when he can be bothered but he's pretty laid back.

I think I've been lucky as they show no interest in each other at all maybe because there is plenty of room to go around lol my shark tends to chase my mollies when he can be bothered but he's pretty laid back.
From the looks of it your shark is still pretty young as well. Once he gets full grown a up to 12 inches expect more chasing.:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back