My Planted Journey Begins

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MrWhite

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well i stripped down my standard 24 uk gal, 29 us gal, 110litre tropical tank to have a go at a proper planted tank.

Im still deciding on plants and hardscape for the time being as this tank wont be getting planted until next week when i move in with my girlfriend and bringing my beloved tanks with me. Anyway i have gone low light for now as im gonna be using DIY co2 so thought high light wasn't necessary but hopefully will be getting pressurized in the near future.

Specs so far

Lighting: Arcadia luminare 2x 25watt T8 approx 1.7 WPG But when i get pressurized co2 ill be adding 2x25watt T6 that then will give me 2.5 WPG

Well now heres the lighting question are these tubes ok these came with the unit so i would like to keep them but if needed will change them

1x sun-glo 1x aqua-glo

Substrate: well i either want oliver knotts nature soil or eco-complete still deciding

Plants: Still deciding

co2: DiY 2 x 2l bottles homemade mix then hopefully pressurized when the wallet lets me or when i gain a little experience with plants

Ferts : TPN+ Or Dry ferts still thinking about that one like most of the setup up at the minute lol and also Easy Carbo.

Well thats it really for now will make this into my journal once this gets into proper action that hopefully shouldn't be too long heres the pics of my light so far there should be plenty more pics coming a soon as it gets planted ECT!
Heres my tank after a good clean also used at as a storage cupboard for my bits and bobs
IMG_0354.jpg

Heres the package i was so excited it was like Christmas i was in the bath :blink: and ring goes the bell so i run down stair wrapped in a towl and the man looked at me like what the hell lol :crazy: if it was a women she would be like :drool: lol
IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Heres the tubes that come with it
IMG_0357.jpg

They also left me another little present in there obviously unintended lol mine now
IMG_0358.jpg

Just a little tester to make sure its all working :rolleyes: could wait to get it on really lol
IMG_0360.jpg

Thanks for looking excuse the pics i don't own a good camera silly phone cam.

looking good... i would use dry ferts, much cheaper in the long run.. but also not the cheap option is nature soil, this is much much better than any other product on the market, and i am personally going for this in my new nano, its the future according to most @ UKAPS :)

good luck, any more q's just ask :good:

looking good... i would use dry ferts, much cheaper in the long run.. but also not the cheap option is nature soil, this is much much better than any other product on the market, and i am personally going for this in my new nano, its the future according to most @ UKAPS :)

good luck, any more q's just ask :good:
Cheers m8 most probably gonna go for the nature soil like you said it seems to be the new thing also any info regarding my bulbs would be appreciated are they ok

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back