My planted freshwater journal/update thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Cool! Has it been fairly easy learning how to drive?
Ehhhh. I have a lot of anxiety about it, so that definitely makes it harder. I should technically have my license in about 3 months, but only have about 5 out 40 hours done... not mention I have to wait for drivers Ed. It is pretty easy once you get going. The more you drive the more comfortable you get with it. My biggest problem is that I am learning in a big mini van and can’t quite grasp where I am on the road. I am absolutely terrified for when we get out on the road and start dealing with turns and stop lights and right of way and rules and all that.

Ehhhh. I have a lot of anxiety about it, so that definitely makes it harder. I should technically have my license in about 3 months, but only have about 5 out 40 hours done... not mention I have to wait for drivers Ed. It is pretty easy once you get going. The more you drive the more comfortable you get with it. My biggest problem is that I am learning in a big mini van and can’t quite grasp where I am on the road. I am absolutely terrified for when we get out on the road and start dealing with turns and stop lights and right of way and rules and all that.
Lucky for me, I have a boating license, so when I start trying for my drivers license it shouldn't be too different, right? Right?
How's backing in and parallel parking though? I've seen some people really struggle, while other people do it effortlessly.

Lucky for me, I have a boating license, so when I start trying for my drivers license it shouldn't be too different, right? Right?
How's backing in and parallel parking though? I've seen some people really struggle, while other people do it effortlessly.
Backing in is relatively easy for me, but I haven't done any parallel parking yet that I remember.

Exciting news! 3-4 (or possibly more) of my java fern leaves have baby ferns growing! One of the leaves has some nice size ones on there (about 1-2 inches). I will try getting pics later as I'm about to leave for my first behind the wheel training!

Exciting news! 3-4 (or possibly more) of my java fern leaves have baby ferns growing! One of the leaves has some nice size ones on there (about 1-2 inches). I will try getting pics later as I'm about to leave for my first behind the wheel training!
Yay! good luck on your driving!

The tank is a bit murky cause I was messing with some stuff... But here is a picture of the tank... Its been a while so I thought id post
1216211208.jpg

Today I'm going to do a huge water change, probably 90% or more if possible. Before I water change though, I'm going to use my aquascaping scissor things and cut the java fern roots so they dont look ugly 😂. I also noticed that during my last water change, one of my caves got a bit misplaced so I will set that back (its a simple shift I have to do). I will see if my mom will let me use one of the bajillion tooth brushes we have to clean the wood off... Wish me luck lol. Hopefully it goes a lot smoother than the other water change did.

FOR THE FISHIES!

Here is the tank as of now... I did a really large water change and I took off all the baby java ferns... I put most of them in the QT tank... Their just floating rn until I find the energy to put them where I really want lol...
View attachment 152038
This looks great! How do you get the baby ferns out? Cut them? Split them off the main plant? I've got one of them in my tank, along with a sword plant, and a few ludwigias that I'm hoping will multiply, however I don't know how to get the "baby" plants out, don't want to mess them up. Thanks in advance.

This looks great! How do you get the baby ferns out? Cut them? Split them off the main plant? I've got one of them in my tank, along with a sword plant, and a few ludwigias that I'm hoping will multiply, however I don't know how to get the "baby" plants out, don't want to mess them up. Thanks in advance.
Literally, all I do is semi-tightly grab the fern leaves with my two fingers and thumb and keep going up on it until I see that they all have come off... Every now and then you will get and stubborn one that you just grab and pull off. I promise it wont damage the fern leaves, they are some really sturdy plants.

This water change was hard work, but much easier than before! I have a picture of the tank drained (picture below) I will get one of it all filled up once the tank clears up a bit. OH! Amd I didnt forget the water conditioner this time 😂
0125221529.jpg

This water change was hard work, but much easier than before! I have a picture of the tank drained (picture below) I will get one of it all filled up once the tank clears up a bit. OH! Amd I didnt forget the water conditioner this time 😂View attachment 152916
Looks EPIC! I'm sure your fishes would enjoy it. Just don't forget to add SNAILS!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back