My planted freshwater journal/update thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
This is my scape ive done so far. I will be getting plants later as I am mid-cycle right now... I made sure that there were plenty of caves for the gudgeons to hide but still enough floor room. In the picture you cant really see the FULL decor to its extent... I tried my best on it.
1028211706.jpg
1028211706a.jpg
1028211707.jpg

I don’t know what dragon stone is. Will google. I was scared off by the weight of some natural stones for my axie tank. It’s a 40 G Long on a table. Has some very heavy rocks, but the two main hides are fake rock. With large enough hides.
Dragon stone looks very good and only a small amount should do. That is 10 pounds I have in there... It cost me (my parents lol) rounding up $40

OK, thanks, I’ll take a look.
No problem. If you do dragon rock I would recommend getting a small dental pick kit... It'll say its "ready" to be put in but in reality you'll have a nice week of rock cleaning to do... Which about 1-2 days in I realized that its very relaxing... After you pick out all the dirt and clay and scrub it with a wire brush, get some pure white vinegar and put it in a bucket (no water) and let it sit there over night... Then get an unused toothbrush and scrub off everything the vinegar took off (this will make the rock inert). Then soak it in water overnight and keep doing so until there is no vinegar odor... And vuala you have beautiful rocks...

No problem. If you do dragon rock I would recommend getting a small dental pick kit... It'll say its "ready" to be put in but in reality you'll have a nice week of rock cleaning to do... Which about 1-2 days in I realized that its very relaxing... After you pick out all the dirt and clay and scrub it with a wire brush, get some pure white vinegar and put it in a bucket (no water) and let it sit there over night... Then get an unused toothbrush and scrub off everything the vinegar took off (this will make the rock inert). Then soak it in water overnight and keep doing so until there is no vinegar odor... And vuala you have beautiful rocks...
Thanks, I copy & save this post

You do all of that, so you can add a rock to your tank.

Check this out. Wonder why they don’t mention fish & salamanders. Looks like I could buy the slate & assemble it myself, but I have concerns about too much weight on the stand.
And check this out. It’s my dog Rocky. He has a really long dog show name from a previous owner who entered him in AKC shows. I decided he was more of a Rocky.

Attachments

• 4AA207B1-D5DC-4B7A-BD29-E93E84F58880.jpeg
    4AA207B1-D5DC-4B7A-BD29-E93E84F58880.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 69
Check this out. Wonder why they don’t mention fish & salamanders. Looks like I could buy the slate & assemble it myself, but I have concerns about too much weight on the stand.
Dont be too worried about weight, like I said I have 10 pounds or more of rock in this tank... It hasnt made a crack or leak yet so its doing good!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back