My Planted Aquascape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
I've recently trimmed the Alternanthera reinekii and Rotala indica (the extreme left/right deep red and pink stem plants), they normally reach the surface. The Java moss is taking hold nicely on the log and I've recently put in some Java fern although I've yet to attach it properly.

I've added a couple of true Siamese Algae Eaters too, hopely to eat the algae that tends to build in the Ech. tenullus (progressing) lawn.

How do you guys attach your Java fern, I'm thinking rubber bands or those food bag ties?

Attachments

• gf.JPG
    gf.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 132
i use black cotton to tie mine to pebbles. it tok a very long time to take hold althoguh i think it will be quicker tied to wood. I've used rubber bands which also worked but i wouldnt use food bag ties (if i'm thinking of what you're thinking of...!) because they have metal in.

Try using nylon fishing line to tie down Java . . . get it from ur local course fishing shop. Its clear so cannot be seen at all if the plants are young.

Just make sure you knot it well !

Bob

Your tank looks amazing. Just curious... how do you manage cleaning the bottom of your tank in "the jungle"? :dunno:

Simple answer, I don't. The plants use the detritus as food and my algae eaters deal with the algae. My maintenance consists of water changes and pruning only.

Now that would be a balanced ecosystem. :)

From everything I have read that isn't easy to achieve. :( I hope I can someday.

Beautiful tank btw. :)

gf225 said:
Simple answer, I don't. The plants use the detritus as food and my algae eaters deal with the algae. My maintenance consists of water changes and pruning only.
:nod:
I second that method. Once your tank becomes so heavily planted, the "gravel cleaner" becomes essentially useless. A strong cleanup crew and water changes keep everything in check. Great tank, again. Time for you to take the TOTM by storm. :nod:

Cheers Konrad, I'm not too fussed about TOTM to be honest, I've already won three awards (2 TOTM 1 FOTM). Time to give others a chance!! LOL

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back