My Piranha Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I set this tank up in December with 10 Red Bellies, I now have 9 one died in first week and now everything seems settled , touch wood

They range between 4-5 inches.... I;m not sure I have seen a fish as greedy as these guys. They eat lancefish prawn and mussels and its gone within seconds and you see the power of their jaws and sharpness of their teeth the way they just slice through big lancefish

So far although they can be skittish once they settle they are bold as brass and look impressive which I;ve not managed to capture in a pic. I;m really looking forward to them growing bigger as time goes by

When they collect near the front and circle the tank they do look menacing and you do get a slight impression of what the amazon programme depicts about these notorious fish lol

014-8.jpg

010-7.jpg

015-5.jpg

016-4.jpg

017-7.jpg

013-9.jpg

Looks great! I really want a piranha tank one day when I have a rack set up in a garage or fish house type set up. Theres this video on youtube of a massive jet black rhomb with loads of bright wite widow tetras, I mean I know they will only last a few days but the combination looks fantastic wish you could get jet black silver dollars or black dollars :lol:

Wow, that looks fab. It only seems a week or two that you found they were too small to photograph so I'm guessing they have grown pretty quickly!

i loved my Piranhas i had 4 of them. did have 5 but the other 4 decided to find out how the other tasted. they grow so quick and i got through lance fish very quickly. what size is the tank. did you get them from small.

i found that they loved bloodworm and lancefish but they wont too fond of cockle like evryone else says.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back