My Pet Wood

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tongue_Flicker

Fish Herder
Reaction score
You know how scorpions and tarantulas are called pet holes and pet rocks? Now a new term should be added to the list, Pet Wood

Just an update:
In 2008, i had a sub-adult pair of emerald tree skinks. They mature very slowly and now they are 5 years old going 6 this coming August. Last year, my drunkard snakedealer sold me a trio adding up to 5. Two of the newcomers died due to heat and travel stress so my dealer promised to give me replacements but failed to do so. As a result, they were sold to me free.

A rare glimpse of one skink sleeping (pics taken at 3am lol)

1026130_630416207017562_2028921286_o.jpg

1523009_630419780350538_155099284_o.jpg

There are 2 hollow mopani wood inside and my emerald tree skinks love frolicking and hiding in it (perhaps hide in it forever). I do know they are out and about during the day when i'm away coz the food dish is empty every 2-3 days.

Obviously, my imagination is below sea level so this is the best that my creative mind could come up with lol. I was planning to upgrade to a bigger tank if the replacements came but for now this'll suffice.

886190_630420697017113_808030257_o.jpg

Even after 5 years they are still quite flighty and skittish. Guess that'll never change.

I've never heard of the others being called holes and rocks. That may be because I've never had these sort of pets before though.

Very pretty! Did the camera wake it up? :c

Not really but it is very alert of any slight sound or light. You could see them turn around the wood if your try and flash a light on them really funny haha

Very nice and healthy looking.

RRaquariums said:
Very nice and healthy looking.
Thanks. Personally i think they're too fat for their species. Guess i need to cut down on their weekly worm intake and more on the roaches

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back