my pelcos weird

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

the remark was intended for GeckoGeek as he seem to know about plecs! :/ :/ :/

rite poss list time coming up!, does yours have the extended tail fins?

they have like a lyre tail with orange dots on the body and the spines

okay so while I was gone, I bought a few new books in the mad dash to the mall the day after christmas. and combined with all of the other books that I had I have decided that my pelco is a common pelco. I finally did see a pic of one with the same coloration that terry has

Whooh cry take a chill pill we cant all be knowledgeable like you though i get your point.
Knowledge is the cornerstone of a good fishkeeper

Helloooo! Happy New Year!
So I got a couple of common plecs and one other who I'm still trying to identify....Frederick Cederick and Thomas....ooh and a snail called Brian. Anyway, I think F and C must be odd then because I have never seen them go up to the top of the tank at all, would they do it at night??
And they don't appear to be interested in algae wafers?! So could I have some help there please, I gave them some cucumber and there's loads of algae still! So they shouldn't starve just yet!
Any help would be appreciated. I continue my search for the mysterious Thomas!
Ta

OOOh from the link for DATZ Thomas looks a little bit like L272 or L278. He's spots and stripes and very long whiskers and larger than the other two....I saw something in the fishy shop that said....oooh hang on while I remember....nope it's gone. OOOh and the butterfly plec is...hang on, I'll go find the latin names and come back, sorry to waffle.

Ok, so I didn't find it before and I didn't find it again.
I don't know what Thomas is, I haven't seen anything really like him and until the fella comes back I can't really get a picture on, so it's a bit poo really. As for the butterfly plec which I talked about before, they are coldwater fish, like very clean water, and can grow up to 8". I have looked at the ones on planet catfish and the one I have my eye on doesn't look anything like the one they show. Anyway, they can't be anything too special since about 3 shops I have been in have them so once I have sorted out a crashed Ph I will be getting one!!!! and another snail cos he's great. Just one more thing....are apple snails just supposed to fall of the wall??? Brian seems to do it quite often!

So...maybe I'll come back with a pic and save everyone's time!!

I had a sucker mouth catfish and it was 2inches long when it use to get half way out of the water, stay there for a bit then go back doing his normal thing i still wonder what that was when he did that???

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back