My Pair Of Gold Rams

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mark1979

Fishaholic
Reaction score
sorry if this is going to sound very daft,but my gold rams are the bestest in the world!!

ive only had them a short peroid of time and they are changing so much :hyper:

they would have been in 3 homes in as many weeks,so im well impressed that there still happy.They have 1 more move once my new tank arrives this week,and that "fingers crossed" is permanent

there my faves by far.

i am defo considering more rams. could i have a pair of bolivians and a pair of blue's aswell?

:good:

how big is your tank?

as the species you describe are very similar i wouldn't try it. they are cichlids and as such can be very territorial. also, if one gets injured in a territorial dispute it can get infected very easily - rams are very susseptible to diseases.

how big is your tank?

as the species you describe are very similar i wouldn't try it. they are cichlids and as such can be very territorial. also, if one gets injured in a territorial dispute it can get infected very easily - rams are very susseptible to diseases.

the tank is going to be a 400L juwel rio,5ft ish i think

thats such a shame,i realy like the rams,could i maybe get a few more gold's?

i was in the lfs and saw some gold rams and i totally wish that i had bought them now! what makes them so good??

i was in the lfs and saw some gold rams and i totally wish that i had bought them now! what makes them so good??

since i bought them,they are gradualy turning into this lovely colour, and they seem to of just fitted into the tank no problem what so ever.

they just glide round the tank without a care in the world!! they are very small, no where no adults i dont think

i have noticed though that 1 of my bleeding hearts started to chase them, unfortunatly if this keeps happening they may have to be rehomed :unsure:

I have 8 gold rams and 2 blue rams in my Juwel Rio 400 - No problems at all, there is room enough - they are territorial but there is enough room for them all to be happy.

I have found that rams aren't half as difficult as some people imagine - I had my blue rams in a rio 180 when a newbie and they have been as hardy as any fish through my many mistakes!

3 or 4 pairs will be fine in a rio 400

although the temperature is important! 28oC minimum, but remember most other community fish wont appreciate it this high

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back