Pufferpack

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my babys :wub:

Attachments

• Puffers.jpg
    Puffers.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 93
I have a pack of 6...4 females and 2 males :nod:...as well as 4 Bumblebee Gobies waiting for their BW tank

Attachments

• post_28_1049260532_1_.jpg
    post_28_1049260532_1_.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 62
:wub: Some more of the females...notice the lighter spots inside the Black spots? Those are a beautiful Irridescent green, but it doesn't show up well in the pics :/

Attachments

• post_28_1049260049_1_.jpg
    post_28_1049260049_1_.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 82
I thought 4 as well, but my tankmate pointed out # 5....hiding in the bushes on the Left side between the other 2, you can barely see her fat belly above the airstone. :crazy:

those are cool are those fish really mean and one omre thing do they have to have snails I would love to start me a tank of them what else can you keep with them I have a bunch of questions when it comes to them I think they are really pretty and yours are well kept nice looking fish.

Thanks for all the kind words about my babies... :wub: . From what I've been reading the dwarf puffers have as many different personalities as people do :blink: . My pack are happy go lucky most of the time, they see bigger fish as amusement park rides (I've watched them grab a fin or tail and go for a ride through the tank until they are ripped loose :crazy: ), and as long as none of the other fish try to bully them things are fine. If bullying does occur the whole pack will turn on the bully and put a hurtin on them (in my case they killed a mbuna cichlid 3x their size) .
Others have reported that their Dwarfs are great in the community tank, with only minor fin nipping. :p

Right now they are not pleased with my wife for cleaning their tank, and will all hide in the bushes and sulk as soon as they see her. Once she leaves the room they come right back to the front of the tank and start mugging for food. Little beggers will eat as long as there is food available. They LOVE snaile (MUST have them to wear down their beaks: bony plates in place of teeth, that grow continuously throughout their lives), I feed mine 10 tiny pond snails per month, it's hilarious to watch them stalk and attack the snails. They will bury their mouth inside the shell and shake until a piece of snail is torn loose and the shell flies across the tank to bounce off the glass...for about 20 mins after the snails hit the water all you can hear is the tic...tic...tic of shells hitting the glass...hehehe :lol:

I used to have some puffers and anyhting i tried putting in with them got picked on. I got them at Walmart for $4.00 can each.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back