My oscar is keeping food in his mouth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Adistar

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello,

i have a nearly 8 inch oscar i keep, ive posted pictures befor. But today i was feeding him ( He jumped out bit my finger ans scared the crap outta me!)
anyways..

I feed him pelletes and after a couple i noticed he had 2 in his mouth sittin in their freely, didnt seem like it was blocking anything as he was 'swishing' them around his mouth.

Just wanted to kno if it was bad for him at all?

Thanks

Josh

Sounds like he's taking the pellets all into his mouth and then chewing them up in his throat. Nothing to worry about.

ye they seem to do that chew and spit and eat the spit lol :hey:

:dunno: Its not a problem. However, if it bothers you for some strange reason, you can avoid this by simply feeding it one pellet at a time, waiting for it to swallow, and so on.

My oscars can a eat 6" long preying mantis. Now that is something you should see! They are 9 1/2 and 10" long and eat like you would not beleave. My oscars bite me all the time I call them "love nips" I make mine jump for treats.

claire

Hello,

i have a nearly 8 inch oscar i keep, ive posted pictures befor. But today i was feeding him ( He jumped out bit my finger ans scared the crap outta me!)
anyways..

I feed him pelletes and after a couple i noticed he had 2 in his mouth sittin in their freely, didnt seem like it was blocking anything as he was 'swishing' them around his mouth.

Just wanted to kno if it was bad for him at all?

Thanks

Josh
My oscar does the same thing whenever i feed her anything live. I fed her a fish the other day and she kept it in her mouth for about five minutes before swallowing, it was kinda sad cause i the fish was still moving hahah

My oscar does the same thing whenever i feed her anything live. I fed her a fish the other day and she kept it in her mouth for about five minutes before swallowing, it was kinda sad cause i the fish was still moving hahah
Hahahah? The fish was being very slowly chewed to death.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back