My Oscar Ate A Piece Of Gravel

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hwoarangtag

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My oscar ate a piece of gravel. Now i see a big lump in his belly. Will he survive?

thanks,

How large is the gravel? Is it possible for it to pass through with his poo?

I do not think it is possible for him to poo it out since it's of a quite large gravel for his size. He is still swimming; i dont know if he will live.

yeaaa... i had one that ate a piece of gravel... he died... he was about 3 inches long... sorry i can't help

I will very much doubt he will die. He can survive with that in his stomach if he cant pass it he will probably throw it up in a few months. I know people with large catfish who have eaten suction cups and all sorts you just have to wait till the trow them up.

But he will be in pain for a few months then. What is the peice of gravel blocks his "below" where he poos. That way he cant digest anything. So should i stop feeding him for say a week or so? From what i see, he was swimming ok up to now

Day 2, i seem him pooing. So i think his digestion isnt affected by the gravel.

more than a week; although i still see the gravel lump in his belly; he is activier than never before !

I am sure, i saw it LIVE; he ate the piece of gravel (green and its really apparent) along with the bloodworm. He is doing very well now !

Mine will sometimes play with gravel in his mouth, but never actually swallow it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back