My Old Pond :(

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ferg1985

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Really enjoyed looking through the pond picture section of the forum and thought I'd share my pictures of my old pond. Trouble is, I haven't a clue where most of the files are :shout: :grr: and the pictures I have are not good quality. After setting up my first coldwater tank at 11 (which was teeny! :crazy: ) the fish soon got too big, there were 6.. I think 2 shubs, 1 oranda and 3 goldfish.. Anyway, after much pestering (I'd already been given a further 2 tropical tanks in the meantime!) I was allowed to have a small pond.

I'm not sure when we started it to be honest :look: the picture says April 2003, so I'm gonna guess its right, and we had the pond up until 2006 when my parents sold up the house and there was no way of moving it :sad: my brother was at the time setting up his own pond (with a liner, unlike my pre-cast) and so my fish went to live there, up until last year when a heron managed to snatch the last remaining fish of mine as he was cleaning the pump :grr: :angry: but I suppose they'd had (upto) 12/13 years of happy swimming!

Now, I'm still living at home but we're in a rented property, so there is no chance (or point) in trying for another pond. I will however try and get some pictures of my brother's pond when the weather picks up, as it is a nice size. But, looking at all your pics made me mighty nostalgic and I thought I'd share what little I have.. enjoy!

newpond1-1.jpg

setting it up, I did have pictures from the very start of construction but I just can't for the life of me find them! :crazy: they may be saved onto a disc somewhere, so if/when I find them I'll add them

newpond5.jpg

newpond7.jpg

seems we (I mean, my dad :lol: ) made some alterations, added some plants - geraniums I recall, and also a massive plastic plant to cover the pipes and wires beside the waterfall

IMAG0028a.jpg

This is the only shot I can find of the pond after it had established :grr: (the photo says June 2004) by then the iris were living in a large plant pot beside the pond - pity the fish are hidden in this shot :sad:

If I remember correctly, goldfish and shubunkin most commonly live up to the age of 12-13 so the age at which they got took by the heron shouldn't be viewed negatively as they clearly had long and healthy lives thanks to you :).

Good to see your old pond.It is very much good as it have a plant.I think it is better to be have koi fish in the pond to be look very interesting.I always looks the photos of more excited pond of new made.

Your old pond is really beautiful, there must be koi fishes for more attraction of this pond. Thanks for sharing 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back