My Old Oddballs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I used to keep loads of oddball fish when I had the tank space. Just looking through old pics and thought I would share these pics

My giraffe cat and Ornate Bichir both lovely fish. The cat had so much character

079-4.jpg

077-6.jpg

060-5.jpg

Endelecheri Bichir another stunning oddball
053-6.jpg

Delhezi Bichir
039-9.jpg

032-8.jpg

Can't remember the name of these freshwater ufers but they were ace and lived in a tank in the kitchen
037-8.jpg

028-13.jpg

IMG00352-20110930-1848.jpg

IMG00509-20111022-2338.jpg

Cacilian rubber eel that I wish I could locate again

071-3.jpg

006-44.jpg

003-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

My favourite ever fish!! Clown Knifefish
014-3.jpg

020-4.jpg

Image096.jpg

126.jpg

099.jpg

There have been many more over the last 25 years just a pity I didnt take pics or had a camera then

Great pics of some great fish.

Some very interesting fish you've owned/have, not too sure about the Rubber Eel though.

I saw some in an LFS several years ago and quite a crowd were gathered round their tank, I overheard an assistant say that if they escape their tank and dry out they turn to dust when you try to pick them up, almost entirely made of water. These were black as I recall.

I find them a bit too odball/.... creepy !!!  It's the way they they move... very Leech like Ugh !!!

ha ha my wife feels the same but it was actually very cute had a lovely face like a sock pupet

I see what you mean about the cute sock puppet face, but I'm with your wife on this one... very reasuring they dessicate if they escape!!!

Very nice pictures thanks for sharing. 

I know it's not one of your oddball selection but I miss my Hoplo Catfish after seeing yours. 

Hoplos are ace. Always one of my favourite fish and I have had them at numerous times in different set ups. Always wanted an adult breeding pair after seeing a pair as a teenager. You have made me want to get a couple of smaller ones now :)

When we bought 2 of our Hoplo's they were so tiny and cute, the way they wobble side to side as they swim. 

Can't see those pics as I'm in work, but pretty sure that delhezi an Ornate are still going strong ;) The delhezi is about 12-13" now, Ornate not far behind.

Stop fiddling about with Discus an get back to it :) I've Just ordered 5 Elephants online

Nice!

Love the fire eel, but a lot of nice fish species you have had before. I am not an oddball type of keeper but I appreciate them for what they are and can be stunning fish to keep, provided you got a nice big tank for them ;)

Thanks for sharing :)

Also love the fire eel, looking forward to owning one some day :) Btw, I think those might have been abei puffers you had?

Also love the fire eel, looking forward to owning one some day :) Btw, I think those might have been abei puffers you had?
they were the ones, I had forgotten what they were called . Great little fish

Can't see those pics as I'm in work, but pretty sure that delhezi an Ornate are still going strong ;) The delhezi is about 12-13" now, Ornate not far behind.

Stop fiddling about with Discus an get back to it :) I've Just ordered 5 Elephants online
You still got the elephants Vin

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back