My New Wolf

Jelly

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Some pics of my new Wolf, Hoplais Sp. Black from Venezuala. I reckon the only one in the country. These pics were taken at my LFS. I will be taking some pics in his new home soon.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• hoplias_lacerdae_2.jpg
    hoplias_lacerdae_2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 28
Some pics of my new Wolf, Hoplais Sp. Black from Venezuala. I reckon the only one in the country. These pics were taken at my LFS. I will be taking some pics in his new home soon.

Enjoy!
bout time you got a photo of this up. bloody show off :p

Second pic.

Another

Enjoy!
bout time you got a photo of this up. bloody show off :p

I know. I just need to borrow or buy a decent camera now.

Attachments

• hoplias_lacerdae_4.jpg
    hoplias_lacerdae_4.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 32
  • hoplias_lacerdae_6.jpg
    hoplias_lacerdae_6.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 29
i would lend you mine but you are a git for getting this......

Very very nice, i only wish i had had the money to buy the other one.

I reckon the other is just a big common Mala to be honest.

No Picture does this guy any justice. Big Black dagger teeth. More active than I though it would be aswell. Sometimes has a bit of a swim with the Dorado's.

I see you got the Brycons. I got quite excited until I saw they were sold to you. They look good.

The other one is a black aswell. Good pick up I was toying with getting one but will stick with my mala for now.

The other one is a black aswell. Good pick up I was toying with getting one but will stick with my mala for now.

The other is a little bigger than the one I have. It would make sense that they are the same as they were from the same place. It does seem to have a different colour and pattern much more like a Mala. I never saw it go anywhere near as dark as mine when I saw it in the shop. Mine even when it has gone pale has a dark bottom half and the top goes a little lighter. It doesn't have the same pattern at all.

I had considered grabbing both. It's the cost that has prohibited me from doing so.

Thats what I finally decided against it for its a lot of money for a wolf fish. I can see where you coming from with the colourings but there are not many in captivity so there could be slight differences like with alot of species.

Yes there is a lot of discrepancy in the 'Black wolf area' There does seem to be a number of varients in both colour and eventual size. Possibly different species.

These guys originally came in as Hoplias Lacerdae which of coarse they turned out not to be.

It was expensive, It was worth it. I have been after a black wolf for a couple of years now.

No Picture does this guy any justice. Big Black dagger teeth. More active than I though it would be aswell. Sometimes has a bit of a swim with the Dorado's.

I see you got the Brycons. I got quite excited until I saw they were sold to you. They look good.

Yeah i got an email Saturday night about the Brycons and reserved them Sunday morning, i haven't actually seen them yet :lol: so i hope they look as good as the pictures on the internet.

If you have wanted a fish for a long time provided the price isn't completely over the top then paying a lot for them doesn't even come into it, with fish like these you often get just one chance to own them and thats it.

Yeah i got an email Saturday night about the Brycons and reserved them Sunday morning, i haven't actually seen them yet :lol: so i hope they look as good as the pictures on the internet.

If you have wanted a fish for a long time provided the price isn't completely over the top then paying a lot for them doesn't even come into it, with fish like these you often get just one chance to own them and thats it.

The Brycons look great. both about 3" so will need to grow a bit before you introduce them to your Dorado. They do look a bit like immature Dorado with a smaller mouth. They were chasing each other around the tank. Plenty of aggresion already present.

I have always said a fish is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it...... As long as the better half agrees ;)

Great pick up Jelly! I got a mala instead, as it was around... $300 cheaper.

yeah I seen them online going for 600 USD thats a little too rich for my blood.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back