My new tank update!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jesse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I have changed my mind so many times about what I am gonna get for my new 33 gallon, but now I will finally put down my foot. I am going to get a pair of firemouth cichlids (1 male, 1 female). I still dont know what I am going to get for a bottom feeder, could someone tell me what I could get for this setup? I am going to have a couple of clay pots in there for hidey spaces, and of course that awesome cave I made. If anyone has suggestions on what I could do for care with this setup, please tell me. Thanks! :D

Edit: also, could someone tell me about the firemouth breeding method? Is it easy to do, and how do you take care of the fry?

I dont' know much about firemouth breeding but it must be pretty easy because my firemouth(male) tried to breed wiht a convict.
IT would have een succesful but i didnt want to isolate them so the eggs were eaten

This is Ciclidmaster's field of expertise I should think.
As to bottom feeders, you have an array to chose from. It depends what you want of them. If you want scavangers, there's the Cory species, they are always a favorite, or if you want algae eaters, there are the Ottos and smaller Plecs, such as the Bristlenose. If however you intend to house ANY of the plec species, a little real bogwood would be appreciated by your tankmates. I could keep on going and going as there are several,if not more, :lol: :lol: bottom feeder species. One word of caution though, whatever species you get in the end, make sure you cater for their feeding needs. Don't expect them to thrive only on the bits and pieces that fall to the bottom of the tank after everyone has had their fill. They too need their own type of food. Plecs(all) would appreciate veggies, either in tablet form as a species only food or placing a couple of slices of courgette on a clip inside the bottom of their tank. Renewable every 3 days or so.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back