My new sorority

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That works, I did the exact same thing for my dracena plant which is semi aquatic which I actuallyt got from LFS who told me it was a aquatic plant when I was a newbie, more fool me for believeing them at the time :X.

It was in a pot on the window sill for a year or so, did not grow all that well at all, survived is about all it did. Then I got almost the exact same sort of shower dish holder thing and added that plant to the holder and added to one of my tanks.

Hey presto! in a week or two, new leaves formed already.

Still in my tank :lol:

I have dropped the water level a few inches.

I can now start sorting out the plalter boxes and plants along the back

Last edited:
uhyaJmo.jpg

5sDRHkH.jpg

Today the girls were fed live mosquito larvae that I bred in a bucket of water, It took a few seconds for them to work out it was food but once they did it was on for young and old, they then spent the next hour looking for more and flaring at each other.

They seem to take turns chasing each other the little blue one chases the cream one, the cream one chases the little blue one, both the small blue and cream one chase the big blue one they do this as a team, then the 2 blue ones chase the cream one, you get the idea, then the big blue one snaps and chases the 2 smaller ones, and this happens around 7 pm every night after feeding and it lasts about an hour, they even sneak up on each other but never actually nip each other, none have nipped or torn fins, The 3 way flaring is the best, Thats when all 3 swim close to each other and they flare at each other. Must get video of that its quite funny.

Last edited:
Interesting thread and great set up NickAu. I'm thinking about creating a Betta sorority myself sometime.
I was wondering what would happen should they come into breeding condition,
do they get egg bound ?

Last edited:
Interesting thread and great set up NickAu. I'm thinking about creating a Betta sorority myself sometime.
I was wondering what would happen should they come into breeding condition,
do they get egg bound ?

I've had my sorority going for almost a year now and all females are visibly full of eggs from time to time. I think they just reabsorb them when their body understands that there's no males around.

Hey Nick, what is that planted called with the white and green spade shaped leaves? I've had an all green version for years without knowing what it's actually called.
I also have a couple cuttings in my mom's male betta tank but it's bear rooted with the leaves sticking out the top.

I just leave a bucket of water behind the shed in summer and wrigglers appear, we live about 50 meters from some bushland and a river. Lots of mozzies.

Latest vid.

Last edited:
I can't get over how big your girls look. How long are they? Maybe mine look so small because they're still fairly young.

I have never measured them but yes they are big chunky girls. This is why I wont be adding more what chance has a young female got with those 3?

Well it turns out all 3 girls are jumpers especially at feeding time, and they jump quite high too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back