My New Sorority...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

VaegaVic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So today, I purchased 9 female bettas for my 64L tank.
I brought them home and acclimatised them in the slowest manner I have ever done with any fish, a grand total of probably 1 hour 30.

My main concern right now is that almost all of them, minus 2 or 3, are showing constant stress stripes (horizontal) and there is one who is just refusing to leave the quietest part of the tank (behind the filter outlet).

I know it's early days and they probably just need more time to get used to their new home, and I have heard that with some females, stripes are part of their pattern, but I'm worrying, as I always do when adding new fish.

Just for the record, 0/0/15.
No sign of disease,
Other inhabitants of tank (mainly peppered corys and one plec) all happy as Larry.

Anyone care to console me and just tell me I'm being silly?

Honestly I think you're just worrying over nothing, the stripes are more than likely part of their natural colouring as is true with quite a few female Betta's.

Yep I concur with all of you. I always have the stress stripe appearing if I shift a fish to a new tank. Nothing to worry about. :)

I agree,- try not to worry! Give them a few days and I'm sure that you will see 9 extremely happy ladies swimming around their lovely new home! :D :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back