My New Snakehead

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jelly

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Finally got one. Channa Barca, This is at the top of my want list. I think he/she will be a great pet.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 90
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 86
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 103
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 108
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 95
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 86
haha he looks a grumpy old bugger already, that said, he is lovely

Wow, stunning fish Jelly. I have always loved the look of these snakeheads and I'm glad you finally got one!

Kinda off topic, but neat looking substrate as well. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It's goes with the bada$$ fish that's in there, too!

haha he looks a grumpy old bugger already, that said, he is lovely

Thanks 8inery. They get worse, Won't win any beauty competitions, very similar look to the Aurant's

Wow, stunning fish Jelly. I have always loved the look of these snakeheads and I'm glad you finally got one!

Kinda off topic, but neat looking substrate as well. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It's goes with the bada$$ fish that's in there, too!

Thanks Invader, expect to see the pics on WW's. The substate is blue slate chips I picked up from a DIY store in the UK 'B&Q'. It's considerable cheaper than buying aquarium gravel but a nightmare to clean prior to use.

Brilliant, you finally got it :shout: he is beautiful what size is he at the moment :unsure:

Thanks Nelly. It's been sitting in the shop for about four months while I sorted out the funds and the garage and the tank for it.

Measured it today at about 11".

:shout: brilliant and beefy aswell, love it,,,
what tank is it in? did you see the video link i posted on your other post last week,,, is it being rude or how much did you pay?pm me if you like :good:

Hes fantastic a right moody looking bugger

The profile of his head is spot on he looks very powerful judging by the head

:shout: brilliant and beefy aswell, love it,,,
what tank is it in? did you see the video link i posted on your other post last week,,, is it being rude or how much did you pay?pm me if you like :good:

Yes i've seen that vid before. I have done an awful lot of Googleing of these over the last couple of years.

As you are aware these guys are expensive and I paid a little more than some of them have been going for recently. As I always say "A fish is worth as much as you are willing to pay for it". It's kind of worked out as I lost my 14 year old Obscura last night due to an escape. This is a great replacement pet.

Hes fantastic a right moody looking bugger

The profile of his head is spot on he looks very powerful judging by the head

Thanks Simon

These guys along with Auranti's are primaraly invertibrate eaters and a broad powerful jaw suits this diet.

thats a nice looking fish nice pick up

Thanks Cane76.

Again, gorgeous Channa Jelly. As Invader said that substrate really does complement him/her well. :good:

Photos came out nice then :) he is growing on me. Can't wait to see him grow up, he should be awesome....

Again, gorgeous Channa Jelly. As Invader said that substrate really does complement him/her well. :good:

Thanks Veil92, The gravel is from B&Q so easily accessable to everyone. "Hanson, Midnight Blue decorative stone"

Photos came out nice then :) he is growing on me. Can't wait to see him grow up, he should be awesome....

Cheers. I will get some better ones, It will be good to get some pics of him growing. It will certianly be an impresive beast when it gets larger.

he should be awesome....
already is :)

Thanks Straydum.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back