My New Shrimp Cube.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I wish I hadn't looked in here.  I have a Nano tank which I need to clean out and setup again and all you're doing is giving me ideas :)

So I have been neglecting this thread.

23roeo8.jpg

Add 1 male Betta.
14tlg9g.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSBykqxH3oU

Well so far so good boofhead seems to like the qube.

This is a short clip of my filter running. I modified the intake by putting in a 90deg elbow in and extended the pipe so it picks up water on the left side of the tank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PxahQw9h8

2q22xjq.jpg

And my man cave, Tv , PC, 2 laptops , And above me my other passion RC drift racing, I have 3 cars 2 electric and building a nitro one.
x3tzys.jpg

I did some modifications on the filter intake, It now picks up on the other side of the tank.

25kng4p.jpg

That modification looks half decent indeed.

Sorry, but why do you want the filter intake to pick up from the left side of the tank, can you not simply move the filter to the other side of the tank?

Ummm, Better circulation basically. When I first set it up it was running at full speed and duckweed was being pushed down and getting stuck to the intake, So I figured filtered water was also being sucked up, doing it this way I avoid all that.

extremely neat tank setup, I  love nano tanks! I have a 5G but I don't consider that "nano" lol

BettaBettas said:
extremely neat tank setup, I  love nano tanks! I have a 5G but I don't consider that "nano" lol

The term 'Nano' tank can be a bit of a misnomer really, some aquarist consider anything below 100l / 25 gals US to be a nano tank. Whilst folks like me consider anything below 40l / 10 gals US to be a nano tank.

However, there is some that call anything below 20l / 5 gals US as a Pico or Micro Nano tank just to confuse you more
tongue2.gif

But you must bear in mind, nano tanks, in general, is not really for the new fishkeeper as keeping water parameters stable in such a small volume of water can be that much more tricky to upkeep.  So a nano tank is not suitable for everyone.

This is why I do not like LFS and Pet Stores selling these so called 'starter tanks' aimed at children or new beginners to the hobby with tanks of much less than 40 litres / 10 gals US (with of course a packaging picture of several goldfish swimming 'happily' in this tank
nugget.gif
) and with little or poor advice on how to set these up. A recipe for disaster imho.

There is of course more arguments about nano v large tanks than you can shake a stick at and personally, its really is up to the aquarist to be aware of what they can and cannot do with their sized tanks, with plenty of research and advice of course
wink.png

I am almost going off into a rant here so I'd better stop there
laugh.png

lol, its ok if u rant xD good advice and facts!
in some way im sure its "ABSOLUTELY AWFUL" but what I do to make my Fish tank water perfect when I first set a tank up is4

1- Purchase Distilled Water
2- Set up your tank, and in place of tap water. use the distilled water.

for me it works nicely :)

Ch4rlie said:

The term 'Nano' tank can be a bit of a misnomer really, some aquarist consider anything below 100l / 25 gals US to be a nano tank. Whilst folks like me consider anything below 40l / 10 gals US to be a nano tank.

However, there is some that call anything below 20l / 5 gals US as a Pico or Micro Nano tank just to confuse you more
tongue2.gif

But you must bear in mind, nano tanks, in general, is not really for the new fishkeeper as keeping water parameters stable in such a small volume of water can be that much more tricky to upkeep.  So a nano tank is not suitable for everyone.

This is why I do not like LFS and Pet Stores selling these so called 'starter tanks' aimed at children or new beginners to the hobby with tanks of much less than 40 litres / 10 gals US (with of course a packaging picture of several goldfish swimming 'happily' in this tank
nugget.gif
) and with little or poor advice on how to set these up. A recipe for disaster imho.

There is of course more arguments about nano v large tanks than you can shake a stick at and personally, its really is up to the aquarist to be aware of what they can and cannot do with their sized tanks, with plenty of research and advice of course
wink.png

I am almost going off into a rant here so I'd better stop there
laugh.png

First, beautiful little setup!

Second, I can attest to the nano vs larger tank troubles. 
Years ago I successfully kept a large cichlid tank. 
For the last year and a half I've been struggling to keep water parameters in a 6 gallon up to par. 
There is NO room for error in these adorable little tanks.

That is great for your man cave. It looks to be the perfect thing to enjoy. Good luck on it.

Most reactions

trending

Back