My New Seashell 60X18X24 Wdh

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

let me just say amazing so happy your have updated it 2 :) love the severums and glad you give rtbs another go im sure this one will take over in the boss seat in no time ha but why reduce the cory numbers so what are the plans for the tank now then? stocking? any more fish gonna be added /taking out? bored of harquinns yet lol

I had those exact same silk plants for my tank, but I found in my setup they looked every bit as synthetic as they were. You've managed to create a setup were they look real, great job!

Stunning looking tank mate, but I think you've gone a bit mental with the Clown Loaches (As we all do)

You're tank is 424.75 Litres, those loaches are going to get big, I see you are considdering getting either a 6 or 8 footer, go for the 8 footer, I did, I kinda wish I'd gone for a 10 footer now though, but hey ho, anyway, the 8 footer would be ideal for your 17, soon to be 20 Clowns :)

Stunning looking tank mate, but I think you've gone a bit mental with the Clown Loaches (As we all do)

You're tank is 424.75 Litres, those loaches are going to get big, I see you are considdering getting either a 6 or 8 footer, go for the 8 footer, I did, I kinda wish I'd gone for a 10 footer now though, but hey ho, anyway, the 8 footer would be ideal for your 17, soon to be 20 Clowns :)

24 Clowns now :eek:

Yep an 8 footer will be inc at some point in the new year, the youngsters are growing nicely and are uber active. Hopefully in March/ April i'll be contacting ND Aquatics. Moneys in the bank for it, but its finding the time. Not in a rush anyway, they are good until then.

Oh, here are soem of the new Loaches i picked up for £5 each :)

IMG_09271.jpg

24 Clowns now :eek:

Yep an 8 footer will be inc at some point in the new year, the youngsters are growing nicely and are uber active. Hopefully in March/ April i'll be contacting ND Aquatics. Moneys in the bank for it, but its finding the time. Not in a rush anyway, they are good until then.

Oh, here are soem of the new Loaches i picked up for £5 each :)

IMG_09271.jpg

£5 each? you B****** LOL.

ND Aquatics have a 6 to 8 week waiting time, so, if you have the cash, order it now, and pay the 50% deposit, then buy the gravel and get washing :lol: :lol:

they look big how big are they?

3 of them are about 8 inches, 9 if you include the tail, nice chunky fish! They have been in there a few months now, still not very confident about venturing out with the rest, like to hide in their pipes. Not actually seen them feed yet either! But its very common for clowns to behave like this when they are older, the change of tanks/environment is a bit of a shock. They were pretty chubby when i got them too!

£5 each? you B****** LOL.

ND Aquatics have a 6 to 8 week waiting time, so, if you have the cash, order it now, and pay the 50% deposit, then buy the gravel and get washing :lol: :lol:

:D yeah was quite an awesome steal, £500 retail i would say and i picked them up for £35. :) Already spoke to ND a couple of weeks ago, i'm trying to get hold of some full tank shots of some of the wood finishes they offer so it fits in with the front room decor. "Altea Wenge" finish looks nice, but still waiting for a better picture. In two minds about getting a stand when i can build my own, that's partly why i'm still waiting until the new year when i can get some time to look into it.

I will say, although the ND Aquatics stands are chipboard, they put them together very well, sealing every edge with silicone, and the pipe holes have plastic edges siliconed in.

One thing I did have to do, is make the pipe access holes bigger and reseal them with black silicone, but I do have 3 filters running on my tank.

I might also take the lid back off, and move the screw blocks down to raise the lid higher :)

I will say, although the ND Aquatics stands are chipboard, they put them together very well, sealing every edge with silicone, and the pipe holes have plastic edges siliconed in.

One thing I did have to do, is make the pipe access holes bigger and reseal them with black silicone, but I do have 3 filters running on my tank.

I might also take the lid back off, and move the screw blocks down to raise the lid higher :)

yeah noticed in your thread the actual viewing window isn't as high as it could be, i'll probably plum for the 30" and future proof it a little.

yeah noticed in your thread the actual viewing window isn't as high as it could be, i'll probably plum for the 30" and future proof it a little.

Yeah, I think it could be raised an inch or an inch and a half :)

I have a deep layer of gravel though, probably too much, but Clown loaches will uproot plants if they aren't in deep, I personally wouldn't go for a 30" deep tank, getting to the bottom of a 24" tank, usually means your armpit is on the edge of the lid, so you'd have to scuba dive to plant a 30" tank

I don't plan to plant it, so not worried, i want the depth in case i change/add stocking in the future and get some deep bodied fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back