My New Rio 300

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StiX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
just set it up yesterday, so the water will still be cloudy for some time, but heres a couple of pics.

The plants I just took from my other tank, and will be buying some more soon, especially some corkscrew vallis to go along the back B)

Attachments

• Image04.jpg
    Image04.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 93
Any chance you could do an article on setting it up for the webby please! Thanks :thumbs:

Nice one stick - I have to get rid of some furniture and make more room :rolleyes: I want a bigger tank but haven't got the room :(

The substrate is black gravel right? I take it you managed to find some in large quantity :thumbs: looks great, what sort of filtration have you got in there?

oops forgot to post the second pic :*)

Attachments

• Image06.jpg
    Image06.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 79
Doh, sorry william I forgot about doing that article, and its kinda allready set-up now :grr: :-( I've been i'll lately, seem to forget alot of things :crazy:

The gravel is black, but when u got upto it its more of a browny/multicolour lol the camera doesnt show it

The filter is the juwel JUMBO (and it sure is massive!!) ...doent do alot tho lol designed for heavily planted tanks

looking good stickle :thumbs: :D :D love the black gravel cool :thumbs:

Nice pics!!! Makes me want to set up another tank :D To bad i'm allready maxed on room :( What fish are you going to put in it?

Nope not yes, I have a sochting carbonator thing for it, but theres a part that needs replacing first :X Also this tank has far insufficiant lighting on it :( and I just get moaned at if was to add more, ...apparently they "use too much electric" :rolleyes: :grr: :rolleyes: )

Gibbo said:
Tut, parents eh?!! :p :D
Yes! lol He keeps saying things like why dont u feed them more, why dont u add more fish thats a big tank for 5 fish why not just get a goldfish bowl lol !!!

Well the water is almost clear now, and i've added some more fish :)

Got some plants from java :
15 Vallis Corkscrew
5 Red vallis corkscrew
5 Malayan Swords
8 Ech Tenellus
3 bunches of Diplis Diandra

Allready had in :
4 Water Sprite
2 Amazon Sword
6 Java Fern

Fish are :
14 Guppys
2 Platys
2 Ottos

Added a sochting carbonator (for C02) and also going to make a DIY bottle

Dosed with WaterLife Tropiflora and Leaf Zone(the week b4)

Mopani wood is still soaking, and still turning the water brown :S (I forgot to leave a space in the tank for the wood...DOH! :X )

Thats all for now lol :thumbs:

Attachments

• Image05.jpg
    Image05.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 103
well i finaly got here lol :D stix the tanks looking realy cool nice one :thumbs: :thumbs: love the gravel :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Back