My New Red Spotted Severum

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GShorty1981

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I love Severums a little to much :p

I resisted the temptation of buying a Wild Strain Oscar earlier on and bought a 5-6" Red Spot, i traded in my Juvi Jaguar Cichlid as even at 1.5" he was a complete monster! lol, hilarious to watch but i value my other fish to much.

Hey if anybody can point me in the direction of a True Heros Sp. Rotkeil in England, let me know, i keep getting duds or extremely weak Rotkeils that don't last long.

DSCF0003-1.jpg

DSCF0013-3.jpg

DSCF0005-1.jpg

i have to agree sevs are the best fish in thew world bar none. is it just glare in the pics because he looks to have a lot of white patches on his body?

No he has a lot of scars, he was housed with about 15 other Severums (all green) and jags, 8 Oscars, Red Tail Cat Fish, Arowana, Tiger Shoval Nose, Gibbis, Tiplapia Butterkoferi, Vieja Argentea, Sting rays, Florida Gar and all other kids of stuff in a 10ftx10ftx3ft tank in the LFS, they offered him to me for £27 plus my juvi Jag and i accepted.

he has got a largish scar on his gill plate, and a few on his body, all seem healed and not to noticeable.

They offered me the large greens that were varying in sizes between 6"-12" for £15 each but i declined as Juvi Greens arae so cheap and grow so fast in comparison to the line bred strains.

I love them, if i had a 20 foot tank i would just cram it full of them :p

I really wanted one of those juvi Oscars they had, but i'll think about it when my Sevs and Green Terror are bigger (obviously the one i got today is big enough) and see how my Green Terror gets on.

Plus i want to get a FX5, cos i like to overstock a bit. (i do 50% water changes twice a week)

Heres a video :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvx_kCd3-Y

I thought of yours when i bought it Mark :p

Looks like he'll be a nice fish once his scars heal. I do like Sevs, I am tempted to try one with my GT and Oscar when I get the bigger tank. Will have to get a big Sev tho, and do it while my GT is still young and quite small. If I can find a nice bright orange one I might get one, or else a Rokteil as they are gorgeous :wub:

Sevs are my fav as well, my next upgrade will be to get a nice group hopefully. My tank at the moment is just too small

Thanks guys, I have a GT with mine, he doesent pay any attention to them so far :)

i have a nice red spotted sev and i do think theses are the best looking sev's.

yeah once the scares are healed and he gets a tad bigger he will look stunning.

mine is currently recoving from white spot.( transferred by adding new plants i think ) but he is my center piece and pride and joy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back