My New Razorback Musk Turtles!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sawickib

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So i decided to pick some musk turtles up! I have one in a 27 gallon tub right now, i plan on getting another or two not sure yet, but hes really cute and cant wait until he gets big! So here he is! 

I believe 6-8" im having trouble determining if hes a giant or a normal, i think the normal musk turtles are more paler, but i will see as he grows :D

You don't have any dogs do you, saw? I used to keep turtles out in our first pond (it was much smaller than the one my dad and I built; this one was one of those purchased plastic set up things) and one of my golden retrievers (before my family fell in love with pit bulls, too) took my turtle and ate him. I was a distraught nine year old. 

attibones said:
You don't have any dogs do you, saw? I used to keep turtles out in our first pond (it was much smaller than the one my dad and I built; this one was one of those purchased plastic set up things) and one of my golden retrievers (before my family fell in love with pit bulls, too) took my turtle and ate him. I was a distraught nine year old. 
Nope only little multipoo at my moms house. :)

I figured. Will your new turtle (have a name?) stay in the tub permanently or have you got another set up in mind? Atti is curious.

OMG that is so adorably cute, I have 4 turtles, 2 red eared sliders both over 30 years old now, a florida cooter (she is getting massive) and a tiny mississippi map male who is fully grown at about 6".

attibones said:
I figured. Will your new turtle (have a name?) stay in the tub permanently or have you got another set up in mind? Atti is curious.

I haven't named him yet actually and I'm getting another so maybe 2 names that match? They will be in the tub for awhile, once they are larger they will be in a 55 gallon and then my 180 gallon, I'll have the fish tanks all spread out by then lol
star4 said:
OMG that is so adorably cute, I have 4 turtles, 2 red eared sliders both over 30 years old now, a florida cooter (she is getting massive) and a tiny mississippi map male who is fully grown at about 6".
Thanks :D I thought it was really cute how he was spread out like that hehe, there was a whole bunch of turtles there, red ear sliders, map turtles, soft shells and some cool ones with a orange line down their back, o and like 5 musk turtles, I have trouble deciding between gettting 1 or 2 turtles today.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back