My new “old” hobby

Welcome.
You’ll find that there’s some very knowledgeable posters on here, some not so knowledgeable. Unfortunately I myself don’t know enough to even qualify for the last category.
Hope you have as much fun back in the world of fins as you’re obviously hoping too.
Thank you! Enjoying my new forum family already 🙂 and I certainly don’t consider myself an expert! Intermediate maybe?

If you got enough plants, I reckon there's easily space for even more at least in terms of the shoal sizes you are obviously thinking of, the bioload is likely smaller per liter than what most people will happily house goldfish or oscars in, and you are far from crowded in terms of swimming space.
Yay I like the sound of that! So anxious to get my buddies some more buddies. I will post pics soon.. when I figure out where……

Thank you! Enjoying my new forum family already 🙂 and I certainly don’t consider myself an expert! Intermediate maybe?
Thats the style. The experts on here are seriously expert-tastic. It’s reckoned by some of us less knowledgeable posters that the expert posters are actually fish in disguise.

But ye, if you divide the shoals between tanks like I guess you are planning you should have room for reasonable sized shoals, though many on here are probably more strict than me as regards stocking rules. They are good place to start, but crowding issues and water quality will let you know whether you need up or down or leave as is your stocking level.

But ye, if you divide the shoals between tanks like I guess you are planning you should have room for reasonable sized shoals, though many on here are probably more strict than me as regards stocking rules. They are good place to start, but crowding issues and water quality will let you know whether you need up or down or leave as is your stocking level.
That’s my plan. Divide. And multiply. Forever.. Ugh seriously, this is like a disease…..

That’s my plan. Divide. And multiply. Forever.. Ugh seriously, this is like a disease…..
The one abbreviation you may see a lot is one you seem to already be familiar with.

MTS.

Multiple tank syndrome... the ability of fishtanks to seemly multiple by themselves.

Welcome to the forums :)

The one abbreviation you may see a lot is one you seem to already be familiar with.

MTS.

Multiple tank syndrome... the ability of fishtanks to seemly multiple by themselves.

Welcome to the forums :)
Yup, got it. I had it then and I have it now. I guess some things never change. Already saving faves to my Amazon cart for the next aquarium I have not even purchased yet. I want so many things! For my fish buddies, which bring me so much joy. We just stand there and watch them for endless moments. Love it!
Thanks for the welcome 🙂

Welcome to TFF. I think you'll like it here - lots of knowledgeable and helpful members here.
Be sure to vote in our present Fish of the Month contest. This month we are featuring Bettas. We have some great entries.

Welcome to TFF. I think you'll like it here - lots of knowledgeable and helpful members here.
Be sure to vote in our present Fish of the Month contest. This month we are featuring Bettas. We have some great entries.
Thank you. Absolutely will vote, I think it’s really cool y’all host these contests, how fun and interactive!

You may already know this, but Petco has a policy that they will honor the price listed on their website at all stores. I've often bought something from my local Petco and (if you ask) they will adjust the price when you get to the check-out. You can save a little money sometimes.

You may already know this, but Petco has a policy that they will honor the price listed on their website at all stores. I've often bought something from my local Petco and (if you ask) they will adjust the price when you get to the check-out. You can save a little money sometimes.
Interesting, actually was not fully certain of this, assumed (as with many stores) that when online prices are sometimes different from in-store prices then that’s that. But I have successfully haggled over that nonsense before. I do check their app first and if I see any needed items are marked down, then I buy them online for pickup in store. I get to store and check their stock, and sure enough, higher/original prices. Not always, but often. Petsmart same thing. But it works for me since I can order while at work, then just drive by on my way home. Otherwise I’ll be standing at the fish tanks another 45 minutes…

I like to think our site is as addictive as is the fish keeping hobby.

Most reactions

trending

Back