My New Male Tank 8 Males 3ft Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pippoodle

RIP Dear nan 22/03/1925 --11/03/2009
Reaction score
here's my new male tank - not set up yet
Its a 3ft tank that has been divided by glass down the middle - it was a shop tank
It is going to be filtered by 2 fluval 1+ or U1 filters with tubing attatched to make it into a spray bar into all 4 sections on the glass divided sides
Either that or by a fluval 205 - with a y splitter to that it worls perfectly on both individual sections - not decided yet

i'm dividing it into 8 sections - each section will be approx 4.5"x11.75"x14"

Will post pics when its all up and running

PIC_1774.jpg

looks great, i would love something like that, how many litres does that make each section? I have a spare 3ft tank that could be divided, are the divides clear? how do you stop them seeing each other & getting mad? :) I had some plastic dividers of ebay a while ago & they were rubbish!!

the divders are all clear but after a week in water turn opaque so it doesnt really matter - i always do it that way - they only flare at each other for a while

the sections are approx 12 litres

i'm getting the dividers weekend - if they have them on stock - so should be set up sometime after that

got 2 dividers lfs was out so have to wait until they get more in again :(
definately will be divided into 8 sections

right got the sand today and 2 lights - getting a couple more coconuts as i've only got enough for 2 caves and like all my bettas to have a cave in there sections

just divided a 14" wide tank into 3 sections and its worked well - had a 12x12 divider laying around so used that one up - tank was in 2 sections now moved to 3

filtering will be similar in the 3ft tank as in the 14" tank

Better to set up lots of sections than have all the males in tubs - all my male fry are in the mini critter tubs and do well with daily changes - most breeders use them - they are about 3 litres ish i think with a lid and divider if you need to double up on the males

Awesome pip! Love the tank, cant wait to see the finished result, one more week and I will be following suit with my cube!

Good to hear it's coming along well, I know you said 8 sections but is it for 8 bettas or 7 bettas+1 section for filter heater etc? I'm considering dividing an old tank I have for this and I'm not sure if the quipment stuff needs its own section, and what kind of lights do you use?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get it right if /when I do it XD

-Rezz

will be 8 sections - 1 section in each half (tank is divided as 2 18" tanks)

there will be 1 filter in the each of the 2 tanks - fluval 1 or u1 will be done like this - 2 internal heaters

or i will be using an external filter and heater

or a fluval 3+ or U3 filter - to cover the hole tank - accross the glass divider in the middle and over the other dividers

ARGH lol

Here's a couple of my other divided tanks
PIC_1970.jpg

The filter tubing to circulate the water in the tank

1234.jpg

1235.jpg

Ahh very nice :) They all look really good :)

I'll have to show this to my Dad and be like 'I need something like this' XD I'm really terrible at making things so I guess that's another job for him lol

-Rezz

lmao - i use the penn plax dividers really easy to fit and also the tubing i use is from a gravel vac/ syphon - they fit perfectly - i pick up cheap crappy one and nick the tubing :)

blooming lfs out of 15x11 3/4 dividers - have ordered some in but will be about 2 weeks - so waiting game lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back