My New Longfin Corys

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Today I had some lovely c. aeneus corys brought home to me, and my father and I noticed that they have something a little different about them: they seem to be longfins! Right now they're in the quarantine tank, and are all seemingly quite happy already.

Am I the only one out of the loop here or are there others who had no idea that there were longfin variants of bronze corys?

Well, anyway, I have three albino and three bronze, in which two of each type are longfins. I did notice, however, that the way in which this trait manifested in these groups was different between the albinos and bronzes. I noticed that, in the bronze corys, the dorsal fins were primarily affected. Their dorsal fins are long and sharp-looking. However, in the albino corys, their tail fins were most prominently affected by the trait. They have long, angelic tails that flow when they swim.

Here's some photos. I turned the contrast up so the fins were more defined for the albino ones.
bronze_longfin.png
longfin_albino.png

Excited to have them in my 170L once they're ready!

Today I had some lovely c. aeneus corys brought home to me, and my father and I noticed that they have something a little different about them: they seem to be longfins! Right now they're in the quarantine tank, and are all seemingly quite happy already.

Am I the only one out of the loop here or are there others who had no idea that there were longfin variants of bronze corys?

Well, anyway, I have three albino and three bronze, in which two of each type are longfins. I did notice, however, that the way in which this trait manifested in these groups was different between the albinos and bronzes. I noticed that, in the bronze corys, the dorsal fins were primarily affected. Their dorsal fins are long and sharp-looking. However, in the albino corys, their tail fins were most prominently affected by the trait. They have long, angelic tails that flow when they swim.

Here's some photos. I turned the contrast up so the fins were more defined for the albino ones.
View attachment 134705View attachment 134706
Excited to have them in my 170L once they're ready!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh sooo cute!!!
saw these at a pet store, but htey will probably crossbreed with my greens

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh sooo cute!!!
saw these at a pet store, but htey will probably crossbreed with my greens
I'm a little worried about getting black corys for that exact purpose, actually. They're c. schultzei, but they're very similar to c. aeneus so I wonder if crossbreeding would still be an issue... Probably.

I'm a little worried about getting black corys for that exact purpose, actually. They're c. schultzei, but they're very similar to c. aeneus so I wonder if crossbreeding would still be an issue... Probably.
yeah, but maybe since they're so similar they are part of a gang tho...

Awesome! It’s rare to see the longe-fin variety. :wub: :fish:

the most expensive cories i see are like $7!!
I actually do that on an app, it takes months to pay out though so I don't save up too well. They're expensive, too... £54 for 6!
All the “regular” Cory’s at my LFS are $7 a piece. (False Julii, Panda, Albino, Emerald, etc,)

They just go up from there... when they had the Venezuelan Red Sailfin Corys, they were $17 a piece!!

Wow!!! That is so exciting they have long fins.
All the “regular” Cory’s at my LFS are $7 a piece. (False Julii, Panda, Albino, Emerald, etc,)

They just go up from there... when they had the Venezuelan Red Sailfin Corys, they were $15 a piece!!
Woahhhhhh. My LFS sells the majority of cories for $3.39, like the emerald or pygmies. My cory hastatus though were like $8, but because of the "fish club discount" I got them for like $6 each

Last edited:
Red corys? Sign me up!!
D4AB8DB8-1C34-4CB7-8D1A-6796F92C7361.jpeg

https://azgardens.com/product/cory-venezuelan-red-sailfin-cory-corydoras-venezuelanus/ :hey:

Wow!!! That is so exciting they have long fins.

Woahhhhhh. My LFS sells the majority of cories for $3.39, like the emerald or pygmies. My cory hastatus though were like $8, but because my mom signed up for the "fish club discount" I got them for like $6 each
I don’t get why you people are so lucky - cheap fishes 24/7. :grr:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back