FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently got these little guys. Pacific blue eyes (Pseudomugil signifer) absolutely in love with them! They are Australian natives and are really beautiful in a communal tank.

Attachments

• 11AE6BD3-AED7-492A-9963-B450566E6E9B.jpeg
    11AE6BD3-AED7-492A-9963-B450566E6E9B.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 93
Which river system are they from? They look like Townsville, which is one of the bigger northern varieties.

Which river system are they from? They look like Townsville, which is one of the bigger northern varieties.

Not sure Colin. I actually got them from a guy that breeds them

Sounds like it is fun to watch, I noticed my cory and glowlight tetra like to swim into the flow when I am replacing water when doing water changes.

Sounds like it is fun to watch, I noticed my cory and glowlight tetra like to swim into the flow when I am replacing water when doing water changes.

cories are funny little guys. I have one albino that will Swim to the top and go back down again all the time. He also likes to swim around with the fish at times.
The blue eyes are have such a humble and a real peaceful nature. They like to stick together and top dwell. A real great addition to my tank

Not sure Colin. I actually got them from a guy that breeds them
You should contact the breeder and ask them what river system the fish are from.

Rainbowfish are sold by species and also river system. This is due to the wide range of habitats some species come from. Pseudomugil signifier comes from fresh, brackish and salt water habitats right along the east coast of Australia. Some are smaller than others and some have different colour patterns. Labelling them with a species name and river system helps keep track of what fish are out there and what you currently have.

You should contact the breeder and ask them what river system the fish are from.

Rainbowfish are sold by species and also river system. This is due to the wide range of habitats some species come from. Pseudomugil signifier comes from fresh, brackish and salt water habitats right along the east coast of Australia. Some are smaller than others and some have different colour patterns. Labelling them with a species name and river system helps keep track of what fish are out there and what you currently have.

I’ll contact the breeder and see what I can find out

Whats the difference between blue eye and rainbow? just because their eyes are blue?

Blue-eyes is a common name for rainbowfish in the genus Pseudomugil. They have the characteristic blue eyes. Normal rainbowfish that are not in the blue-eye genus don't have blue eyes.

The following link has information about different types of rainbowfish. Pseudomugils are one genus in the rainbowfish family.

Well I contacted the breeder and he advised they were originally breed from the Logan river back in 2006 but he advised that some of the ones I have are from Moreton bay descendents. So I must have a mixture of both breed

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back