My New Lil Guy!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fluffycabbage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Here's my new lil guy - will name him shortly. He's quite a character - hasnt flared once either, so much nicer than my first Betta! His colour is very intense, with the tiniest splashes of metallic blue. :wub:

P1040211.jpg

P1040224.jpg

P1040221.jpg

P1040214.jpg

P1040207.jpg

hes handsome!
red veiltails are my favorite!
have fun with your new fella.
cheers

you should name him Maraschino!!! lol

you should name him Maraschino!!! lol

cool name! will be thinkig about it today.

unfortunately looks like hes been nipped by the platies overnight :sad: so im looking for a smallish tank for just him now. need to separate him asap, poor lad :/ (i suppose it would be stupid to put him in the fry tank til i sort another tank out??)

ive kept guppy fry with just about every betta ive owned for population control. while they have eaten a few deformed/slow (probably sickly/"defective") ones, they actually were quite terrible at their job of controling the population. i think it would be ok to put him in with the fry, esp. if they are on the larger side. bettas are just too lazy lol
cheers

As Loraxchick noted, my 4 year old male lives in a tank full of endlers, with fry. He is a total failure at his job of controlling the number of fry that survive. I have seen him go after flake food at a distance of less than a cm from a newborn endler and completely ignore it. No betta will likely do much damage in a fry tank.

Well hes in the new nursery tank i got today, and he loves it :good: He doesnt chase the mollies, he does the platies for all of 1/2 a second at a time then gives up lol - so i think he's fine in there :) He absolutely loves the little airstone bubbles too!

he is cute.. be careful though one of my boys ate 2 platys yesterday and they werent tiny...he has been moved now

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back