My New Cories!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ny82

1 Woman Army ;)
Reaction score
Hi folks, so after my 2 freebie panda cories that slipped into the bag of endler fry, I was on a facebook group which my landlady (who is cory mad) recommended, it's an LFS that she goes to, and every so often they hold an auction. They had loads of different fish, plecs, livebearers, equipment etc. 
So one of the auctions was for "corydoras melini" also known as false bandits? now these have been sold out everywhere for so long, the last time I saw them was when I went down south. That was a year ago. I won the pair for £8 and am super happy! I cannot wait for them to arrive! If anyone has any more info on them, I would be grateful!
Just thought I would share!
Pics when my landlady picks them up for me!

Thanks, I can't wait for them to arrive! I will go next week to pick up some green brochis (I think that's what he said) too. 

"emerald green cories" (brochis splendens)

All nice Corys they are. Saw the Melini in Germany sometime ago in a large shoal. Beautifull!!! Please realise that almost all Corys have the most natural behaviour if kept in a large "herd". I would rather try to get some more Panda's and Melinis than a pair of Brochis if I were you !!! All are social fish best kept with as many of there own species as possible. All my Corys (about 100 now) are at minimum in groups of 8. (My Panda's 13)

Have a look at this little herd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIVCdLOImw

Greets from Holland,

Aad

DoubleDutch said:
All nice Corys they are. Saw the Melini in Germany sometime ago in a large shoal. Beautifull!!! Please realise that almost all Corys have the most natural behaviour if kept in a large "herd". I would rather try to get some more Panda's and Melinis than a pair of Brochis if I were you !!! All are social fish best kept with as many of there own species as possible. All my Corys (about 100 now) are at minimum in groups of 8. (My Panda's 13)

Have a look at this little herd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIVCdLOImw

Greets from Holland,

Aad

Hi from Scotland! Wow! they are spectacular! I know about keeping cories in bigger groups but unfortunately the corydoras panda and melini are very rare around here. I was lucky to get the 2 pandas, I didn't even see them in the tank. As for the melini they were the only 2 that lfs could get. I also ordered from that same LFS last night - again he could only get 2. 
My cories are now as follows:
3 bronze - 2 male 1 female their eggs hatched 2 days ago and the fry are getting big already!
2 pandas - I phoned around the 4 nearest LFS nobody had any
3 longfin peppers- sold as "deformed"
2 melini - the only 2 he's got
2 elegans-again the only 2 he has

I will keep searching to make the groups bigger but at the moment it doesn't look like it.

Okay, I understand but still it's better to get larger amount per species. You will amazed how behaviour will get more natural and nice to watch.

Are you in the neighbourhood of Edinburgh ??
There lives Lee, a coryfanatic keeping and breeding 100+ coryspecies, even the more rare ones.
If so, I can try to get you both in contact.

I really wouldn't go for two Brochis, for exactly the same reason. Think they are awesome though.

DoubleDutch said:
Okay, I understand but still it's better to get larger amount per species. You will amazed how behaviour will get more natural and nice to watch.Are you in the neighbourhood of Edinburgh ??There lives Lee, a coryfanatic keeping and breeding 100+ coryspecies, even the more rare ones.If so, I can try to get you both in contact.I really wouldn't go for two Brochis, for exactly the same reason. Think they are awesome though.
Oh where abouts in edinburgh? That's where I am from originally. My family still live there, I live about 40 mins away but am through there regularly visiting my family.
My landlady also has someone who breeds the different types, the wild ones which are massive and the rare c numbers too!

Isn't that not the same guy hahahaha.
I will ask him for his adress / telephonenumber.

No she uses a guy named Alan, she knows of Lee though, had bad dealings with him which is why she's never went back 
unsure.png

Great news, my melini will be picked up on friday! 
Here are some pics of some cories I have just now.

My lovely long fin peppers
0b5c0dbf-bbb6-4bd0-91e7-861c9828743b_zps59683a12.jpg

image_zpsd6b59140.jpg

Peppers, panda and big mama bronze who laid the eggs.
e53d1267-3e0e-4dee-af39-b757c2a10a02_zpsbb8a0b64.jpg

panda eating a treat
image_zps18407c51.jpg

I've got a long finned pepper cory too! I'm gonna get some more peppers and try to breed some long fin ones hopefully!

photo4-1-Copy_zps0534b0fa.jpg

He's a beauty! My landlady has long fin ones too-I have never seen them this big before! They are massive! Good luck breeding them! I have bronze fry at the moment, only 2 days old. There are about 35!

He was just in the tank with the normal ones when in got him. His fins were normal size but since I've had him they have got so long. I'm going to get some more as he is just with one other albino cory at the moment and I found out they need to be in at least 6's.

I saw your pictures of the bronze fry! They look so small and cute! Congratulations!

Ellieabbott4 said:
He was just in the tank with the normal ones when in got him. His fins were normal size but since I've had him they have got so long. I'm going to get some more as he is just with one other albino cory at the moment and I found out they need to be in at least 6's.

I saw your pictures of the bronze fry! They look so small and cute! Congratulations!

Aww that's awesome! Preferably in 6's so get him some friends!
I have 2 with the long fins, one with a longer dorsal fin which I think is female. I can't believe they were sold as deformed. I think they are beautiful. 
Thanks, they are getting noticeably bigger so I can stop freaking out lol. It's the first time EVER since owning fish I have had cory fry!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back