My New Axies!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sawickib

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So heres the first one its a adult female gold axolotl, i believe it has the GFP gene as well, which just means she glows under a glow light. Her jaw is messed up, i dont know if it will heal but i just got her today so i plan on asking what happened to her.

Heres her tail, should color up more as she settles in i believe. 

I have 3 more coming on saturday, two albinos and one wild type, as well as 4 spotted gars for my big tank ;)

Axolotls are probably my favorite non-fish pet. IMO They have an awesome personality! I would love to have one but...not my house not my rules..
 WHY ARE PARENTS SO MEAN D: D: 

lol

Yea, i just had to have them haha, keeping their water cold here in florida is going to be a little difficult. My dad didnt let me have another tank so i just set one up, nothing he could do about :p

Just do what I used to do back in the day, guys, bring home a stray dog every now and then and they will gladly let you have some more fish tanks than an unhousebroken noise machine. 
wahey.gif

She's gorgeous sawickb, now I am itching for one of my own. The weather here in New England would be a bit more suitable, easier to keep it cool I would think

Haha, that doesnt sound like a good idea, esp with all the bugs they may carry :p

The person i bought them from said that she may have been dropped during shipment and should heal up back to normal in about 6-10 weeks. 

Wow, she looks great sawick, pity about the jaw though. :)

depending on how the jaw deformed it may heal as they can regrow limbs. it doesnt look too healthy though its gills shouldnt curl like that

Yea, thats what i would thought they might do so she should heal from good food and good water, not sure why the gills are small and curled either but im hoping she gets vary bright and vibrant!

I have a fan on the back of the tank, keeps temp at 68 degrees seems to be the best thing you can get thats a reasonable price.  The dang thing cant be clamped on my tank though so it just lays on my hood.

Update, just got the rest of my axies in, and all seem healthy and happy. A little small though im just hoping then nip at eachother.

Wow, they look great! Why is that second one all green looking? Is it GFP?

Yea thats what im thinking to TT, i though i was getting 2 albinos and a wild type but i guess i got a little surprise haha.

They are still unfortunately in the cannibalistic stage so thats a downer, will just need to keep them well fed and hope they dont hurt eachother to much, my big bessy doesnt seem to like the new nippy guest. :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back