My New Aqua One Aquanano 40 - Trials And Errors!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Maybe you could take some filter media from the old tank and use that to cycle in faster. Then betta can move in :D IM just waiting for my tank to finish the fish in cycle and then the fish are being taken to the petstore even though I dont want them to be :/

Cant wait to see the bett in it!

Thank you guys :) here's my tank with my new Kessil A150W LED:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 325
Excellent - what does your betta think of his upgrade? :good:

Thanks Shelster! :D

Kasai loves it! He swims around all the time and loves the plants. He's always taking delight in squeezing himself between the plants that he is clearly too big to squeeze through, bless him.

And he is totally cool with the tetras and they with him :D

Wow, it is looking great!

I thought you were going with pygmy corys? Or did I read that wrong?

Kasai looks super happy, he is a handsome lil guy :wub:

Thank you!
smile.png

I was going to go with pygmy cories, but I changed my mind and wanted to get something a little more colourful (and less likely to rip up my plants!)

Today though, I noticed that one of the tetras is nipping Kasai's fins
sad.png
I'm thinking I may have to rethink this... either get 2 more tetras and see how they go in a group of 8, or take back the nippy guy, or take them all back and try cory cats instead...

Here's a pic of the offender. I call him Charlie

Attachments

• Charlie!.jpg
    Charlie!.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 205
CrazyDiamond88 said:

Hey! Behave yourself.........

Lol, only joking! 
tongue2.gif

You set up is looking good and liking it. Especially the light upgrade, may consider that in near future 
smile.png

I have just recently bought a Aqua Nano 30 for the GF's birthday (she did have a BiOrb Flow for her birthday but changed mind, long story...)

Have to say I actually like the Nano tank, the filtration looks pretty good and like the way its built and looks etc.

Good thread, I have picked up a couple of tips, thanks for that and appreciate you taking the time to post these.

Ch4rlie said:

Hey! Behave yourself.........

Lol, only joking! :p

You set up is looking good and liking it. Especially the light upgrade, may consider that in near future :)

I have just recently bought a Aqua Nano 30 for the GF's birthday (she did have a BiOrb Flow for her birthday but changed mind, long story...)

Have to say I actually like the Nano tank, the filtration looks pretty good and like the way its built and looks etc.

Good thread, I have picked up a couple of tips, thanks for that and appreciate you taking the time to post these.
Is she getting a betta Charlie? - I have a thread called 22 litre betta set up - same tank you've bought the GF :)

Shelster - Well, I've gave her the list of that Nano thread possible fish stocking (I think you gave that link to me)

And yes, she is considering having a Betta but the thing that puts her off is she thinks the Betta will be too lonely on its own and GF really wants shrimps, and wants other little fish to keep Betta company!  
rolleyes.gif

I did warn her Betta might eat shrimps or could completely ignores them, depends on personality and nature of Betta.

Gonna check out your thread 22 Litre Betta set up......
happy.png

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back