My New 6x2x2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

With 4 tanks with plants now I am dreaming about a very large 6-8 foot tank, no plants at all. no daily dosing, no hassle...:)

That's a cracking looking tank. Puts my 4ft to shame. So what's the stocking plan?

With 4 tanks with plants now I am dreaming about a very large 6-8 foot tank, no plants at all. no daily dosing, no hassle...
smile.png

sounds good, what would you have in your ideal tank has a malawi tank looks good but not alot of interaction unless your breeding them just the weekly water change.

That's a cracking looking tank. Puts my 4ft to shame. So what's the stocking plan?

no stocking plan, just moving on 150 fish to fund my new project of a high tec planted tank.

Great purchase...when is it being delivered, and when will you have pics of the setup!?

will have it delivered in a week or two need to re-decorate before it's delivered first, also i have decided on filters, lights, background, circulation, heaters, subsrtate and rockwork.

my list of equipment is

2x Aps2000ef
2x Hydor external fish themal heater 300watt
2x 25kg bags of fine coral sand
3x L.E.D's light bars built by Ps3Steveo
3x Egg crates
1x Hydor Koralia Evolution 4000 (need to look into purchasing another)

i will be painting the back of the tank black to give me some depth also i will be using the 100kg of atlantic paddle stones may need to buy more once i start to hardscape,

i have sold the 260 vision and have all my fish in my rack of 3x 3ft tanks keeping my old external tetratec ex700 running on one of my 3ft tanks so i can seed the new filter's when i am ready,

will also be using malawi salts/buffers has i had already started using them in my vision berfore i sold it.
why not go for an expensive 3d background while you have the chance?

With 4 tanks with plants now I am dreaming about a very large 6-8 foot tank, no plants at all. no daily dosing, no hassle...
smile.png

sounds good, what would you have in your ideal tank has a malawi tank looks good but not alot of interaction unless your breeding them just the weekly water change.

For some reason at the moment just planted ideas come up. It's handy nitrAte wise as they seem to consume almost all of it, but to make it super simple and based on my own experience, I'd go with just a few species of plants like giant vallis all along the back glass and some hydrophila clarymbosa glabra which has large leaves and can grow in a lovely bush, maybe at one side. Both plants are organic/natural carbon users if the water is hard enough, don't need much light and grow like weed. Then I'll have as many different types of DIY caves from whatever you can think of, depending on the fish but for my clowns some PVC pipes coated with sand/gravel, half burried in the sand substrate and planted with different anubias and moss on top, then some larger/higher corner DIY cave with several levels again coated with sand( I saw someone here doing something similar), then anubias on top too, from the large type as in my picture below. None of these plants need anything extra and were doing/are doing marvelous without any ferts/co2 in my tanks, flowering too. I'll have as much driftwood branches/as it can take for cover and shadow too, something like a mesh coming from both planted sides towards the midle, also planted with moss/anubias, etc...depending....but the whole lot generally leaving a bit of clear sand space at the front and middle of the tank.... Then I'll add a bunch of floating plants from the types with long roots like amazon frogbit....All I need is to pick the right driftwood and do my caves properly which takes little time, oops and also get the tank I guess
smile.png

And like all my tanks so far, I'll overfilter it like crazy for a peace of mind.

Good luck with yours. I am sure it will be lovely and I can't wait to see the progress.

Eggo enjoyed following this thread, very much looking forward to see the new journal (planted set up), its going to look wicked dude!!

How are you finding the filters? I have 2 running on a 450l Did you go for the ones with UV bulb or not?

the filters are fine i bought the blue coarse sponges has i thought the media was not sufficent, no i did not buy the ones with the uv has i was going to buy a vecton 600 with a 25watt uv bulb

Josh i had 1 of the ef2000 filters on my 180 litre and it was only just coping. I had it with the uv which broke several times in the few weeks i had the filter. They are cheap but as usual you get what you pay for I suppose. The flow rate drops from the manufacturer stated 2000lph down to around 900lph which is a dreadful drop. Id only recommend them if your on a tight budget

i find the 2x aps2000ef i have on my 700litre tank more than sufficent it keeps the water crystal clear i did have a dead spot in my tank which i sorted by putting a fluval 4 internal were the waste used to collect,

i did buy a fluval fx5 and was not happy with it at all it had to be filled with 2 gallon of water before it would prime proply then the next day it was full of air and water only trickling out of the outtake pipe so had to empty it and refill it with 2 gallon to prime proply sticking with my aps2000 has if it aint broke dont change it

When I got mine the media trays were all cracked, still haven't got them replaced. Im running two Fluval U4s with the to APs EF2000s seems to do the job but wish I'd had gone with FX5 now. I have two of these on my 6ft and they do the job perfectly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back