My New 680Litre Aquariums4Life Aquarium Build

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Great project, seems you have everything planned out :)

Good job!

So here is a few pics of the tumbled granite boulders the wife's choice love em or hate them they will look great with algae on them

A close up pic of a wet granite boulder

Also washed the natural beach sand I collected

Also my new Hydor external 300w heater has arrives today

Also bought 15kg of Alfagrog from LFS for £14 and filled all 8 trays in my 2x aps2000ef

Also the 2000ef tubing does not fit the Hydor external heater so I have ordered a reducer from 18 to 16mm

A metre of ehiem 16mm tubing

To plumb the external heater, I have also ordered my ammonia

50 bacteria gel balls

And a api complete freshwater test kit to start my fishless cycle

And another pic of the natural beach sand in its dry state

Here are some more pics guys of the filling of the aquarium

Hose clips

Filling the aquarium

Still filling with under worktop lighting added

Sand

Aquarium full

Water level dropped after starting filters

Starting temp was up to temperature the next morning and had to top aquarium up 30 litres after starting equipment

Finished aquarium all up to temp no leaks and all equipment running just waiting on bacteria balls and master test kit

Looking nice. I'm loving the cabinet set up, really neat and practical, those APS 2000's are huge beasts and that thing makes them look tiny.

Hi
Just out of interest how tall are the APS 2000 including the pipework as im
 looking at getting a similar filtration set up for my new tank but we are having the tank as low as possible a
so my son who has autism can see in easily. so the height of the filters will govern the height of the tank.

Thanks in advance 
Jon

depends on size of aquarium to the size of filters mine is a 6x2x2 150 Uk gallon, the filters used are the biggest in the APS range of external filters.

it will be a 6 x 2 x 2 so i will be using much the same equipment as yourself i was wondering what the height of the filters is with the pipework.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back