My New 680Litre Aquariums4Life Aquarium Build

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

eggo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi fellow Malawi Lovers my new aquarium has arrived today delivered by Ian at aquariums4life and his dad, they carried the tank in themselves I did not have to lift a finger which made a change Lol,

The tank looks better in the flesh and pics don't do it justice but I have taken a few
smile.png

Looking at LED's at the moment for lighting and for the rest of my equipment I will be using all pond solutions and the list so far is

2x aps 2000ef
2x aps EF-2  External boosters
1x aps 55w UV Steriliser
2x aps 12,000l/h Wave makers
2x aps 300w Heaters
For substrate I will be using 50kg of snow white dolomite sand gravel for Malawi cichlid Tanganyika aquarium (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181350364155?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
And 3x Egg crate (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321076084000?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

Tank Pics

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very beautiful and clean looking tank! I look forward to seeing the updates. I feel silly asking but what will you be using the egg crate for?

Ninjouzata said:
Very beautiful and clean looking tank! I look forward to seeing the updates. I feel silly asking but what will you be using the egg crate for?

To disperse the weight of the stones/rocks across the base of the tank and to keep any sharp edges from the glass base of the tank, here is my last 6x2x2 tank build (http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/407622-my-new-6x2x2/)  

That makes sense! Sorry 
blush.png
Alrighty I'll have a read, that one also looks nice :D

Looks brilliant. Seems fantastic quality and finish.

+1 on the eggcrate too, I use it.

Thanks guys I am also contemplating buying a pangea rocky iv background these are no longer made and the only seller in the UK only has 3 left but there the sandstone colour not the grey I like what do you guys think ?

Also my 2x aps 2000ef's on special offer at £69.99each and my aps 55w Pond & Aquarium UV Steriliser also on special offer from £94.99 to £69.99 at over 2ft long it's big boy and is rated up to a 800litre aquarium arrived yesterday 
good.gif

Also got a discount code for APS for 10% off my next order
good.gif

Looks really nice! I like how tall your storage is lol mine barly fully fits a fx5 filter in it :p

sawickib said:
Looks really nice! I like how tall your storage is lol mine barly fully fits a fx5 filter in it
tongue2.gif

Lots of room under there it's 28" inch internal height in the stand and going to need most of the space for 4x external filter's my 2ft UV

I am also looking into a Purigen reactor aquarium filtration control ammonia and nitrates inline with my external filter

And a chlorine and nitrite removing filter's to remove these straight from my tap water saving me using chemicals to remove them. 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Been busy today guys plumbing in my filter's and UV tomorrow my 2x 12,000 l/h wavemakers will be delivered
smile.png

Been busy again today before my holiday tomorrow thought I would remove the blue vinyl backing on the aquarium and paint back of the aquarium black, Because I was pulling aquarium away from the wall I have taken some pictures of my aquariums behind
yes.gif

Time to peel of the blue vinyl background

Paint and roller

Looking great and quite organized! Good job :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back