My neighbors are complaining about noise from the Tidal filters

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I've used Tidals before and had zero issues with sound. Virtually silent. Helped by the fact that the impeller is inside the tank which muffles any sound further (and means they automatically resume functioning without being primed in the event of a power cut).

Unless you mean the sound of water falling? In which case, the further the distance between the waterfall output and the water surface, the louder it will be, but that'll be the case for any HOB.
How big were your Tidals? I’m reading the larger they are the more fussy. I see also from YouTube videos many people have no noise issues whereas others do.

No, that would have been a pleasant sound. This was more like a godawful death rattle.
I have 2 Tidals, a 35 and a 55, and they are both very silent. However, they both have a wavy line on the front of the pump housing that says "Min. Water Level". If the tank's water level drops below that level for any reason, like doing a partial water change without shutting the filter off, the water pump sounds just like that "godawful death rattle" you described.
Course the Tidal 55 is the biggest one I have so I don't know if the 75 has that same "wavy minimum water level" sign or not.
Glad you got it handled though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back