FishandBirdLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My mom used to be a photographer. Here is one of my favs from her collection:

Attachments

• Hummingbird.jpg
    Hummingbird.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 48
Humming Birds are so hard to capture! They are gorgeous though...

My mom used to be a photographer. Here is one of my favs from her collection:

Nice shot! :)

Here is one I got when I lived in Florida. They are Cedar Wax Wings.

@connorlindeman : I just made things out of order as I deleted my post and re-did... :(

waxwings.jpg

Here is another from Florida I really like.

seagull-1.jpg

They are lovely.....that horned owl has real attitude!
Attitude does not describe that owl! It perched a lot in the pine tree in the image but didn't seem to like my camera. I think the best image is 'hornedowl5'. It was right after it returned to the branch after doing a dive bomb on me. I mean it came in attack mode! This is another favorite as it just seems to show that it is really ticked off. ;)

That shot is actually framed and matted as a 13X11 in a 17X14 frame.
It would look brilliant, it's so.....atmospheric. That's the closest word I can think of! Birds are wonderful....but not in cages....

It would look brilliant, it's so.....atmospheric. That's the closest word I can think of! Birds are wonderful....but not in cages....
I agree and don't on the cages. A decent sized bird in a small cage is criminal. My cockatiel is in a penthouse that measures 36 inches wide and deep and 48 inches tall without including the base and top. Also the cage is always open from 10:00AM to 9:00PM every day and the bird can come and go as he wishes.

A lot of images don't apply to this but here is a link to Terabit's habitat and him. I'm kidding but challenge you to find fault with his penthouse. ;) If you look you see that it is pretty obvious that he has full access to most of my apartment. There are restrictions such as keeping my bedroom and bathroom doors closed when his penthouse is open but these things are for his safety. I mean my bedroom ceiling fan runs 24/7 and I would hate to see the poof of feathers if he flew into it. For the same reason I don't run my living room ceiling fan when his house is open. As to the bathroom being restricted it is due to the fact that there are soaps and such that could hurt him.

I LOVE nature and actually have my apartment almost looking like a camp site when I want. This is just an example of a view from my living room toward the kitchen when I'm in the mood. ;)

hanging_20candles.JPG

That looks very homely! And an open cage all day isnt a cage really is it? Or maybe the perfect cage.
I really dislike the idea of taking something that can fly, which would be amazing, and putting it in something that it can look out of, but never get out of.
I had the same set up for my cockatiel many years ago, he that turned out to be a she. Lovely bird, apart from driving us crazy with her imitation of the phone. She never got tired of fooling us, and I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back