My Molly is very pregnant but hasn't given birth, is there any way to induce labor?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Nym22

Reaction score
my molly has not given birth yet but she has the gravid spot and has boxed out, sh has nesting habits, and gets the shakes, yet still no fry. I'm worried something may be wrong. Is there any way to induce labor?

I'm also worried about mine. My molly is super pregnant and hasn't dropped fry for a couple of months. She is enormous. I've actually placed her in a 10gal hospital tank with 1 tsp pure epsom salt per gallon - with a male molly who was pineconing and he is 100% better after a week and a half. She's been in there for 5 days. I was getting worried about her because she was getting a white lump at the end of her tail but the start of her tail fin. She's gotten a lot better but still won't have her babies.

I'm also worried about mine. My molly is super pregnant and hasn't dropped fry for a couple of months. She is enormous. I've actually placed her in a 10gal hospital tank with 1 tsp pure epsom salt per gallon - with a male molly who was pineconing and he is 100% better after a week and a half. She's been in there for 5 days. I was getting worried about her because she was getting a white lump at the end of her tail but the start of her tail fin. She's gotten a lot better but still won't have her babies.
start a new thread so we can help you

My female gold dust molly is still very big and not giving birth. She's still in the hospital tank with epsom salt. I put floating wisteria in for the fry in case she does have them. I hate to think of this but could the babies die and decay inside of her? I don't understand what's wrong
20200502_110951.jpg

How long ago did you notice her starting to get fatter?

Do her scales stick out like a pinecone when viewed from above?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back